Resilia (51-200 Employees, 233% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Resilia is a fast growing, venture backed, mission-driven SaaS startup powering a digital transformation in the nonprofit sector. Our mission is to strengthen nonprofit capacity and help grantors scale impact through data-driven technology solutions. Resilia’s three SaaS-based products help nonprofits achieve tax exempt status, build capacity in pursuit of becoming high performing organizations, while enabling corporations and foundations to support nonprofits beyond grant awards. As a company, Resilia was named 2022 Best Tech Startup in New Orleans, a Rising Star on the 2020 Forbes Cloud 100 list, VentureBeat's Companies to Watch list and Sevetri Wilson, Resilia’s Founder and CEO, has been recognized in Inc Magazine's 100 Women Building America's Most Innovative Companies and Pitchbook's top Black Tech Leaders list. For more information visit resilia.com.
This position is remote from the South (with a preference of Florida, Georgia or Carolinas) and requires occasional traveling for client meetings, conferences and to Resilia’s New York and New Orleans offices when it is safe to do so. #LI-REMOTE
Every nonprofit is unique and so are their capacity needs. Yet they find it difficult to access capacity building solutions that meet them where they are. Resilia’s mission is to strengthen and uplift nonprofit organizations by elevating their stories, driving advocacy efforts, and prioritizing those that are underserved through long-term capacity building. We serve nonprofits, foundations, corporations, governments, and other grantmakers, centered on trust-based philanthropy principles and meeting changemakers where they are.
Resilia’s three Software-as-a-Services products are designed with a human touch.
- Nonprofit Formation – Empowers brand-new nonprofits to achieve tax exempt status while enabling annual compliance.
- Nonprofit Platform – Provides capacity building support in fundraising, board management, program management and the collection of data.
- Funder Program – Sponsored by grantmakers (foundations, governments, corporations), nonprofits are able to build mission-facing and back office capacity in a manner that best suits them. Resilia’s Funder Program meets nonprofits where they are through a combination of an online platform, 1:1 nonprofit coaching and peer-to-peer learning.
With a first-to-market solution and a team of builders with extensive startup, nonprofit, and corporate experiences, Resilia is well poised to democratize technology in order to solve some of the social good sector’s biggest legacy challenges, while re-defining the notion of technology for good.
About the Role
Resilia’s Institutional Partnerships team is the key revenue & impact driver for the company and supports our mission by enabling the adoption of the Funder program by grantmaking foundations, corporations, cities and as an outcome, nonprofits.
The Equity pillar of the Institutional Partnerships team is solely focused on establishing partnerships with Funders committed to the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) agenda. More specifically, funders who are committed to strengthening BIPOC-led, BIPOC-serving grassroots organizations, in addition to empowering change makers supporting marginalized communities writ large. Learn more about a recent partnership in this portfolio here.
The Director of Institutional Partnerships – Equity will be a passionate DEI practitioner & advocate with proven institutional fundraising experience as it pertains to democratizing programs deeply rooted in empowering underserved communities. You will be a “trailblazer,” confident of exploring sensitive territory by bringing your lived experiences, expertise, network and skills to play.
You will be responsible for forging new partnerships with large Private Foundations & Corporations by shepherding relationships all the way to close. This includes leveraging your network for initiating conversations, creating and advancing opportunities, managing a robust pipeline, cultivating relationships, and effectively communicating the value of Resilia to strategic stakeholders in complex organizations.
Reporting to the SVP of Revenue and working closely with the Regional Team Lead (Sr. Director of Institutional Partnerships – South), success in this role will require you to strike a fine balance between thought-partnering with Funders on their Equity objectives and driving outcomes by establishing Funder partnerships that empower marginalized communities. The individual in this role operates effectively as an extraordinary problem solver, innovator, project manager, and team player.
What you will do
- Lead innovative deals with high-profile funders (foundations, corporations, governments), culminating in rollout of the Resilia Funder Program in the South, especially Florida, Georgia or Carolinas.
- Serve as a DEI thought leader and advisor to Funders, co-designing capacity building programs that strengthen marginalized communities.
- Leverage your network to initiate conversations with large Private Foundations, Corporations and Government committed to community-centric DEI objectives.
- Develop the arc of the sale and seamlessly lead client stakeholders along the way.
- Develop pricing, deal structure, proposal, and presentations to drive forward the sale.
- Negotiate terms and close.
- Achieve or exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals, agreed upon in advance. This is entirely a new account acquisition role. Existing account expansion is not in scope for the role.
- Serve as an individual contributor to begin with, gradually scaling into a player-coach role on the Equity team.
- Serve as a thought partner to consistently improve Resilia’s product by bringing insights from external conversations back into the company.
- Work closely with Customer Success to set up new clients for success through effective handoffs and realistic expectation setting.
- Represent Resilia at conferences and events as a speaker, panelist, or facilitator to improve and build on our thought leadership, with particular emphasis on philanthropy’s role in enabling an equitable society.
- 8+ years of front-facing nonprofit experience, especially in institutional fundraising, major gifts, similar development roles, OR as a program officer or senior leader at a grantmaking organization.
- Experience securing six-eight figure gifts from Foundations, Corporations & Government offices in the South.
- Deep funder network & on-the-ground experience in key philanthropic markets in the South such as Florida, Georgia, Carolinas & Texas.
- Solid experience raising funds for programs, projects, or ideas that are brand-new, or similar trailblazing experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with experience facilitating discussions surrounding diversity, equity, inclusion; deep understanding of history and interest in equity, race and ethnicity, gender, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, veterans, and marginalized communities and a strong willingness to continue learning in this space.
- Experience that establishes an intuitive understanding of how complex organizations work and an ability to quickly speak the language of different funders.
- Exceptional time and desk management skills in pursuit of expected role outcomes.
- Strong, clear, and concise writing and presentation skills with the ability to command a room. You are great at thought-partnering with senior leaders at such organizations and can engage the most accomplished intellectuals.
- Trailblazer mindset deeply ingrained in being entrepreneurial, self-starter and obsessive problem solver. You do not need a template or script to get your job done.
- Ability to be scrappy and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Positive, inquisitive approach to giving and receiving feedback. You are a lifelong learner and believe in continuous skill development.
- Natural ability to build trust and relationships with external stakeholders in an authentic manner.
- Eternal optimist with a knack of seeing opportunities in challenging situations.
Compensation & Benefits
Why Resilia? Resilia powers the people changing the world.
Resilia is an inclusive and welcoming workplace where our team thrives on collaboration, creativity, innovation, and fun. We are proud to offer competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including unlimited PTO, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a 401k program, mental health support, a healthcare advocate, short-term disability, and commuter benefits, with potential for equity stake in a fast growing company.
Resilia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.