"DockYard, Inc." (51-200 Employees, 4% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are seeking an experienced Director of Marketing Communications to help grow our brand and business in the product consulting space.
Who We Are
DockYard is a remote first, digital product consultancy. Forward-thinking teams come to us to build digital products that scale as their users, features, and complexity grow.
Using a candid approach to partnerships, we help to upskill teams along the way. The result? More flexibility in how our clients take products from idea to impact.
We don’t just use innovative approaches to product development – we lead them. That’s why visionary companies like Netflix and Apple have trusted us to overcome complex product challenges.
We’re honored to have been included on guides ranging from The Startup Weekly’s Exceptional Workplace Award (2021), The BBJ’s Fast 50 (2021, 2020), Inc 5000 (2020, 2019) and Fast Company’s Best Places to Work for Innovators (2020) amongst others.
We are looking for an experienced, customer-centric Director of Marketing Communications to lead our marketing team in growing and expanding our product consulting services across product strategy, product delivery, and staff augmentation. This role will report to the Chief Services Officer and be a partner to the client services and business development teams.
The candidate should be comfortable working closely with the Business Development Manager on collaborative strategies to meet company goals. They will excel at developing strategic plans tailored to a small team and paired with adept utilization of outside partners. They will develop programs that enable DockYard to adapt our service lines and talent strategy to the needs of our target market.
- Develop and oversee the execution of the marketing strategy that DockYard uses to sell its services
- Determine yearly departmental goals, quarterly OKRs and projects to achieve
- Provide guidance on KPIs and insights needed to measure success
- Establish ambitious, attainable inbound lead generation goals
- Oversee integrated communications in support of DockYard’s brand and lead generation goals
- Coordinate market, competitor, and client research in collaboration with the team
- Evolve DockYard’s brand to support marketing strategy through the development and maintenance of the company’s Brand Platform and messaging framework
- Partner with leadership to develop and manage the departmental budget
- Foster a departmental culture of pragmatic experimentation and data-driven decision-making
- Establish and document processes in collaboration with the team
- Develop actionable project plans to provide clarity around roles and responsibilities for key initiatives
- Edit/draft content as needed with a focus on thought leadership content
- Develop and execute media relations strategy and outreach to tech, trade and business media
- Plan and coordinate annual event marketings, including attendance, sponsorship and speaking opportunities
- Coordinate awards calendar and submissions
- Support internal communications and messaging in collaboration with leadership and Employee Experience, including internal policies, announcements, and more
- Collaborate with Employee Experience to hire, and manage full-time employees, freelancers, and partner vendors to fulfill our marketing objectives
- Manage direct reports: goal setting, performance management, coaching, development, strategy
- Eight+ years of experience leading integrated marketing programs
- 2+ years experience working in digital professional services (agencies or consultancies), B2B services is a plus
- Demonstrable success in driving high-quality leads through a marketing program
- Strong program management and delegation skills
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Prior experience managing events
- Prior experience working in public relations
- Prior experience managing department budgets
- Experience working directly with Senior Leadership and Executive teams
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
Nice To Haves
- Prior experience working in a software development environment
- Experience working/managing people in a remote work environment
Perks & Benefits
- We are a distributed company.
- Company provided Apple laptop
- 100% company paid Medical plan option for you and your family
- 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D
- 401k with employer match
- Annual stipend for books, conferences, and trainings
- Generous paid time off
- Company Retreats
Remote (U.S. based only)
Even if you don’t feel you’re a 100% fit we’d still love to hear from you!
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.