Edquity (11-50 Employees, 186% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Edquity is an anti-poverty technology focused on redesigning the safety net to provide cash for all Americans in need. Edquity does this in higher education, where we streamline access to emergency aid for college students, and in partnership with state and municipal government, where we create a fast and equitable infrastructure to administer cash benefits to the individuals who need it most. Our methodology harnesses the collective power of sociology, behavioral science, and technology to address common pitfalls, including racial bias, inefficiency, compliance risk, and lack of transparency and monitoring. To date, Edquity has administered over $100 million in government funding to more than 100,000 recipients and has demonstrated that we improve key societal outcomes, such as graduation rate, by as much as 2x.
The organization has raised over $8M in funding and is scaling rapidly, so that we can administer hundreds of millions in emergency cash assistance to students and low-income Americans in need
Edquity is seeking a Director of Marketing who is passionate about helping to improve the social safety net and narrow equity caps in intergenerational wealth building. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for devising and executing the overarching marketing strategy for Edquity across all customer segments, with a focus on activating administrator audiences, establishing meaningful and measurable KPIs around Edquity’s brand, and top-of-funnel performance, and supporting the rapid growth of the organization. The Director of Marketing will work closely with the VP of Revenue, VP of Strategic Initiatives, Director of Impact, the COO, the CEO, and the broader Executive Team to inform broader marketing approach and ensure cross-functional success. The Director will manage a Marketing Content Manager and relationships with multiple contractors.
What You Will Do:
- Set yearly and quarterly company-wide marketing strategy, including multi-channel approaches to tackling specific marketing objectives and key results, such as driving brand awareness or top of funnel leads
- Define, refine, and own Edquity’s key messages and story
- Partner with Revenue team to design, test, and evolve lead nurturing tactics and create robust and transparent metrics to inform efficacy
- Work with Growth teams across Edquity’s customer segments to facilitate content marketing efforts and the creation of sales enablement materials such as case studies and infographics
- Work with Executive Team, and retained consultants to establish Edquity as the industry thought leader on cash assistance programs and emergency aid
- Drive end-to-end development of dynamic marketing campaigns and activations to support specific marketing objectives across different channels and segments
- Work with the Data team, Edquity’s Head of People, Edquity’s Director of Impact, and Edquity’s Partner Success team to communicate Edquity’s human and quantitative impact in service of growth and talent acquisition and retention
- Support Edquity’s external communications, including preparing materials for press and external stakeholders, such as press releases, and/or blog posts
What You Should Have:
- Proven ability to navigate a fast-paced environment and execute on strategy by leveraging your excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to both execute and articulate strategy, with an intent to build a team over time
- Proven ability to create meaningful metrics and iterate on tactics based on both quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Understanding of social media marketing software (such as HootSuite), online advertising campaign platforms (including platforms needed to create paid campaigns across Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin), and Pardot (or other email campaign/lead tracking tools)
- Success at analyzing and determining lead acquisition costs and refining marketing channels to reduce that cost.
- Experience examining buyer journeys and customer personas to determine our best marketing channels
- Experience designing, planning, and optimizing integrated digital campaigns and website SEO to generate pipeline.
- Experience monitoring and reporting campaign performance with tracking across relevant KPIs (impressions, clicks, web visitors, video views, collateral downloads, leads, sales conversations, and revenue)
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been benchmarked in relation to the scope of the role, market rate, company stage, and internal equity. The salary for this role will be between $130,000 – $150,000. Where a candidate falls within the band is determined by skillset, experience level, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, this role will come with a total compensation package that includes equity shares and competitive benefits. Some of our benefits include:
- Fully paid health insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Unlimited PTO, Sick and Mental Health Benefits
- 11 paid company holidays
- 401k with a 4% match
- Generous parental leave
- Annual Professional Development Stipend
- One time Home Office Setup Stipend
- Equity in Edquity
- Many more!
Edquity is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color. Edquity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.