MakersPlace (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Founded in 2018, MakersPlace is a curated online marketplace that allows artists to create and sell unique digital creations (NFTs) using blockchain technology (digital art marketplace). We offer a platform aimed at empowering digital creators to create and sell their unique pieces, while providing verifiable proof of authenticity, ownership, and scarcity on the blockchain. Stay up to date on all of our hottest drops and collaborations at MakersPlace on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
MakersPlace is looking for a passionate and data-driven marketing leader who’ll be responsible for driving the awareness and sustained growth of our global marketplace. Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Growth, you’ll lead a team to develop and execute upon strategies to grow and retain both sides of our marketplace (artists and collectors), including but not limited to community and social media, content marketing, email marketing, partnerships and advertising.
- Drive marketing strategy – Work with stakeholders internally and externally to define and execute upon both short and long-term marketing plans.
- Execute against growth channels – Identify and cultivate new and existing growth channels from social media, paid, emails, SEO and more.
- Understand user needs – Gather feedback directly from artists and collectors to identify and validate opportunities to grow.
- Institute an impact-driven culture – Execute, evaluate and iterate upon creative and data-driven growth strategies to drive new traffic and engagement throughout the product.
- Drive brand narratives – Identify and develop effective brand narratives that resonate with target audiences.
- Collaborate across disciplines – Partner directly with leadership and stakeholders to align and execute upon marketing strategies that are in line with our product and mission.
- Leadership– Hire, retain and lead a high functioning organization of marketing leaders and individual contributors.
- 5+ years working in a marketing leadership role.
- Exceptional leadership skills, necessary to inspire and lead a team to realize and execute upon marketing initiatives.
- Ability to manage and deliver upon multiple mission critical initiatives while maintaining an exceptional eye for details.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, necessary to drive data-driven decisions.
- Passion for the arts and viscerally driven to help empower digital artists.
Benefits and Perks
- Employee Health/Vision/Dental covered 100%
- $500 workstation stipend, with an additional $1000 after 6 months of employment.
- Flexible vacation policy + 1 personal day off per month.
- Weekly team sponsored lunches
- $500/Quarter AirBnB stipend— we want you to go out and enjoy life!
- 100% Remote
- …and more!
At MakersPlace, we curate our team as carefully as we do our digital marketplace to ensure the best experience for both our creative community and employees. Our remote-first company was founded by senior engineering leaders from Pinterest, including the first engineer and former head of growth engineering, and is funded by top-tier venture capital funds and angels in Silicon Valley.
MakersPlace is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.