Remote.com (201-500 Employees, 124% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Remote offers international payroll, benefits, and compliance services for distributed employees and contractors.
Remote solves the world’s biggest remote employment problem. That is: How to hire anyone from anywhere, compliantly. Through our extensive (and growing) international network and suite of products, we are making it possible for every company to hire people in every country. Both as contractors, and also as fully legal, local employees, with all the benefits that come with that.
All of our Positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
About the role:
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as Director of Global Payroll.
As an inspiring leader, the Director of Payroll, will own the planning, implementation and overseeing Remote’s entire Payroll and PEO (Professional Employer Organisation) operation.
This role will work with large global teams, therefore a clear understanding of how to manage teams asynchronously, will be crucial to the success of these teams.
- Directly responsible for Global Payroll and the Professional Employer Org part of our organisation
- Plan and implement the long-term PEO strategy along with VP of Operations and Executive Leadership Team
- Manage our high performing PEO operations team with expertise in different processes of the employee journey
- Manage and continue to improve the scalability, accuracy and data integrity of all our Payroll and PEO data
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators and SLA metrics for the PEO operations team
- Analyze and report on key drivers impacting top and bottom line performance and speed in the PEO operations
- Remain up to date with international laws/regulations regarding payroll, benefits, and compliance
- Previous experience in building dashboards and reporting for all things global payroll
- Advise on and select external regional partners and serve as their key point of contact, ideally align to our very fast scaling needs and align our vendors to these needs
- Own the budget and negotiations with external partners
- Actively identify automation opportunities
- Ideally 5+ years experience in a managing large global payroll and ideally in a growing start-up environment
- Previous experience in a Hyper-growth, tech start up that you specifically scaled into a large payroll operations is crucial
- Clear understanding and experience on how automation, integration and scaling can directly impact workload
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact. Familiarity on the change that occurs in a start-up in the first four years and comfortable with that
- You are passionate about the dignity of work, you are a kind leader, and you ask yourself, “what can I do to remote mundane and manual work for my team?”
- You are passionate about growth and make data-driven, well-informed decisions.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take own responsibility
- Is a productivity geek and will constantly think of ways to improve and speed up their work
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus
- You are passionate about growth and make data-driven, well-informed decisions
- Remote work culture
- A good salary
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- Report to: VP of Operations
- Team: Global Operations
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply
Submit your application.
- As the headline: “Application Director of GO”
- Your CV as a PDF
- A short (at most a single page) cover letter in the text area provided
- Interview with Recruiter
- Interview with Chief of Staff
- Interview with VP of Operations
- Interview with founders
- Reference calls