Roofstock (201-500 Employees, 31% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
What we do and why we do it
As the leading marketplace for single-family rental homes, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 500+ Roofsters, our collaborative and can-do culture is what fuels our growth. We recently closed on our series E, raising nearly $400 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management) and Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform.
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance. In fact, our values are B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don’t be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what’s next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
Roofstock is looking for an ambitious and data-driven marketing leader who can think big while rolling up their sleeves to get work done. Our ideal candidate for the Director of Growth Marketing has a track record of developing and executing programs individually and through their team across multiple channels to drive brand awareness and acquire customers while delivering a high ROI. This leader can quickly understand new industries and various unique audiences, identifying opportunities to scale established channel strategies (search, social, display, etc) while experimenting with emerging channels to drive new insight and opportunities for growth. This manager will start with a small internal team along with managing several external agencies, operating with both individual and managerial responsibilities, while planning for team expansion.
What You Will Do
- Oversee the marketing strategies for all digital (SEM, SEO, Display, Social, Affiliate) and offline (direct mail, radio, OOH) channels to exceed company-set goals
- Hands-on development, testing and optimization of all digital marketing activities
- Ensure fiscally-sound execution of our customer acquisition budget
- Devise, develop and execute customer acquisition campaigns, managing agencies where necessary
- Oversee and evaluate existing marketing channels, developing and testing new channels to determine investment depth and channel mix to drive customer acquisition
- Manage a suite of agencies that support channel strategies; identify tradeoffs between internal/external capabilities and make recommendations on if/when to bring activities in-house
- Collaborate with Data Engineering team to measure and deepen business insights through funnel analysis and integrate new customer acquisition tracking tools
- Deepen audience creation capabilities, considering first party, second party and look alike modeling capabilities for improved channel performance
- Work with other Marketers to maintain a consistent brand tone/voice across programs
- Report out regularly on channel strategy performance against KPIs, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and optimization
- Mentor and coach other marketers and Roofsters to achieve business and career goals
What You Bring With You
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communications, MBA preferred
- 10+ years experience in direct and digital marketing ideally in a similar industry
- Strong analytical foundation and data-driven approach to understanding a business
- Significant experience building reporting systems, conducting in-depth funnel analysis and delivering measurable results
- Have a proven track record across multiple channels including search, social, affiliate, display and organic marketing
- Exceptional understanding of the technologies used to run, track and optimize campaigns
- Curious, critical thinking with an ability to interpret data
- Strong POV on understanding a marketing channel mix that maximizes ROI
- Team player attitude with good follow through
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support “work from home” office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.