Clarity AI (201-500 Employees, 199% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We bring societal impact to markets. How do we do that? We add clarity so that you can choose sustainably.
Founded in 2017, we are a sustainability company that empowers measuring progress towards a more sustainable future, which is a complex, multi-dimensional, cross-border, and cross-industry task. We firmly believe harnessing the power of technology, specifically machine learning and Natural Language Processing, is the best way – at scale – to produce viable answers to big questions like “How will we get to net-zero?” and “Which paths can we take to actually live in a more equitable world?” Moreover, we believe technology is singularly positioned to produce answers that are unbiased and wholly scientific- and evidence-based.
To that end, we offer a customizable and scalable sustainability tech kit, which anyone can integrate directly into their existing day-to-day way of working, investing, researching, or shopping. Anyone can switch on their computers or phones, open their usual applications or platforms, and find Clarity AI built right in. This is true whether you are a professional investor in the public or private markets, an executive at a company of any size, or a consumer considering an online purchase of any size. We are integrated into the full sustainability ecosystem in order to deliver as broadly as possible on our mission in markets of all kinds – from investment exchanges to e-commerce platforms.
LOCATION: New York, London, Madrid, Remote
Challenges of this role
Clarity AI is looking for a Director of Product for the Data Platform. This platform covers the end to end process of data within Clarity AI, from the collection of the data from different sources, to the presentation of the final information to the users through different channels: API, data feeds, Web applications, widgets, etc.
The Data Platform Director of Product will be responsible for the vision of the Data Platform and the definition of the roadmap. To do so, she will work closely with other stakeholders, like Technology, Data Science or Data Strategy teams. This position is critical to the long-term success of our business, and to our mission to bring sustainability to markets.
Expectations for the role
- Define short-medium-long term investment required for the data platform by working with business and technology leadership
- Work with the Data Science, Analytics, and Data Engineering teams to build appropriate data capabilities to meet enterprise business needs
- Define roadmaps and main KPI’s for the data platform
- Report into the VP of Product, and lead a team of 4 product managers focused on different parts of the data platform
- Guide multiple product owners on right data requirements
- Influence the organization to ensure that data is at the forefront of all company initiatives
- Stay well connected with the finance industry, emerging data trends, and play a key role in the organization to define innovation
- Periodically inform the executive team on clear KPIs, progress and remediation
What excites us?
- 5+ years of experience building products intensive in data
- Previous experience with People Management, with teams of several direct reports
- Experience of Product Management in Agile environment
- High-level understanding of technical and data architectures of complex and highly scalable solutions
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Track record of timely technical delivery and business impact
- Obsession with understanding customer needs and putting the customer first, both internal and external
- A self-motivated, goal oriented individual with excellent organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset or startup experience is a plus
- Hands-on experience with analytics & business intelligence tools
What excites you:
- The opportunity to help build the foundation of sustainable finance
- Digging into complexity and making sense of it
- Making a plan and nailing the delivery
- Identifying recurring patterns or problems to design scalable, universal solutions
- Working with cross-functional teams to deliver tangible results
- Working closely with product, engineering, data science, and product research and innovation teams on complex, mission critical work
We are proud of what we do, and we are proud that global organizations have taken notice and, in some cases, joined us in our mission. We have won investment from international firms, such as SoftBank, BlackRock and Deutsche Boerse. We’ve also won awards from global governing bodies, the media and world-class academic institutions, including but not limited to:
- World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer
- Impact Investing Platform of the Year by Environmental Finance
- Awarded the EU Seal of Excellence
- Most Innovative Project by the Harvard Innovation Lab
- Awarded Horizon 2020 EU Project Grant for Innovation in World-class Science
Our mission drives us forward. Our values guide us along the way. We admire people who are driven to change the world, and we focus on finding people to work with who have passion and a record of achievement or personal impact across five specific areas. Specifically, we look for people who are:
- Data-driven: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution-oriented discussions
- Independent: Leveraging the freedom of working on a singular mission to work with purpose and with an ownership mindset
- Achievement-oriented: Demanding excellence and celebrating and rewarding the best
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time
- Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (e.g., schedule, location, vacation, styles)
Our people are our main asset. Having doubled our team in the last year, we now have more than 200 highly passionate individuals from more than 30 different countries. Our headquarters are in New York City, and we have other offices in London, Madrid and Abu Dhabi. Additionally, we have a strong remote-workforce of team members located in 13 different countries.
We believe leadership doesn’t come only from the top. At Clarity AI, we believe strength, innovation and success come from the collaboration of excellent, authentic and passionate individuals with a joint purpose. To that end, we don’t believe leadership begins and ends with our executives. We are proud of the full team we have assembled and celebrate leadership qualities throughout all levels and across all functions. Every member of our team has excelled and achieved professionally and academically, and hail from leading tech, consulting and banking firms, and/or are entrepreneurs, and/or hold PhDs from top research institutions and/or MBA graduates from top business schools. And, every member of our team works to do not only their work at the highest level but also the work – the work of the brand, the work to achieve our singular mission. Enabling that success isn’t drive and intelligence alone – it’s also subject matter and market expertise, which is where our senior leaders excel. Our executive team has an average of over 20 years of experience at top global brands, tier 1 management consultancies, successfully scaled start-ups, and global NGOs. They also trained at the best academic institutions from around the world.
We care about our people and think they deserve the best. We currently offer equity packages and other benefits on top of cash compensation.