SOCi (201-500 Employees, 53% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
SOCi is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the country, ranking in the top tier of Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in America list for the last 4 years in a row. The builder of an award-winning enterprise SaaS marketing platform, and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers, SOCi boasts hundreds of the world’s largest brands as its customers. The SOCi platform specifically solves complicated marketing and workflow problems for national and global multi-location brands that want to scale and optimize their presence across search, social, reviews, listening, ads, bots, and more. As the largest localized marketing platform in the world, SOCi makes the impossible possible by enabling top brands and their locations to strengthen and scale their digital presence across limitless locations.
Our accolades include:
- Recently closed a Series D investment round of $80 million, led by JMI Equity
- 4x honoree on Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America
- 2x honoree on Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies
- 3x CEO Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year award
- Winner of the MarTech Breakthrough Award for Best Overall Social Media Management Platform
- #1 Rank by Entrepreneur magazine’s Top Marketing Providers for Franchises, three years in a row
- Front Runner for Gartner award in Reputation Management & Brand Management
- 2021 Honoree on Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
Director of Product Design
As the Director of Product Design, you are responsible for growing and mentoring the UX Design team, implementing and managing design processes, and cross-functional partnerships with Product and Engineering. You have an impeccable eye for design and detail, and you are comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced startup environment. You have deep understanding of Lean Product and Lean UX practices, and know how UX Design fits into an Empowered Product Team.
You have experience building and leading design teams and have a track record of delivering business impact and delivering exceptional, visual polish, experiences, and complex interactions. You are a proven leader and excellent communicator and never shy away from a challenge. You are comfortable working closely with product managers, engineers, marketers, and executives.
- 5+ years experience in designing successful enterprise SaaS products
- 5+ years in managing and coaching designers in an enterprise SaaS environment (MarTech-related a plus)
- Deep understanding of goal-focused interaction design process
- Deep understanding general principles of interaction design and user experience (“About Face” [Cooper])
- Established process for creating design solutions that enable users to achieve their jobs to be done
- Deep understanding of visual hierarchy, composition, color theory, rhythm, and accessibility
- Deep understanding and process orientation towards Design Research
- Deep understanding and established practice of usability testing throughout design lifecycle
- Deep understanding and practice of measuring the success of designs through key interaction metrics and goal achievement rates
- Solid understanding of Nielsen Norman Group materials, NN/g UX Mastery & UX Management certifications preferred
- Experience working in an Empowered Product Team with Lean principles (“Inspired” & “Empowered” [Cagan], “Lean Product Playbook” [Olsen], “Lean UX” [Gothelf])
- Skilled in giving feedback, creating accountability and building trust (“Crucial Accountability” [Patterson], “Radical Candor” [Scott], “Speed of Trust” [Covey], etc)
- Demonstrated track record of partnership with product management and engineering in creating missionary product teams
- A life-long learner, always looking for the next book for insight and inspiration
- Curious and empathetic about the customer’s problems
- Driven with a strong sense of urgency in solving the most important problems
- Ability to transform ambiguous problem spaces into products with clear vision
- An exceptional communicator: You share your design thinking by stating upfront the design goals and user flows you are solving for. You can verbalize why certain choices were made and the pros/cons of any alternatives you considered.
- Open-minded, self-aware and humble – you take feedback without defensiveness and will incorporate others’ perspectives if they make sense.
- An ownership mentality – You possess a natural tendency to take initiative and own projects. You feel accountable for the usability and customer experience of everything your team designs.
- Detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture.
What’s SOCi’s culture like?
Led by a team of industry experts, SOCi is leading the pack in Localized Marketing for Multi-Location brands. Our passionate team of SOCialites work from home or in our office locations in both San Diego, CA and Austin, TX. We offer flexible PTO, comprehensive health & benefits packages, 401k and matching (amongst many other perks). Every new team member is equipped with a MacBook laptop, tech accessories & SOCi swag. We are a fast-paced, agile environment where thought leadership and input is encouraged. If you are looking for a place where you can come and make a difference in the way enterprise organizations utilize social technology, then SOCi is for you.
SOCi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.