Appcues (51-200 Employees, 20% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Appcues offers a Product-Led Growth Platform that helps businesses grow faster, scale bigger, and retain more users.
Appcues is looking for an inspiring, collaborative, and empathetic product marketer to align our teams and customers around a compelling story and awesome product. As our director of product marketing, you’ll deliver effective product launches, refine messaging, enable our customer-facing teams, and nurture an excited and active customer base.
As Appcues’ first product marketing leader, you’ll have the unique opportunity to establish and grow a new function from the ground up. You should be hands-on and innovative, preferably with high growth B2B SaaS experience, and passionate about forging connections with customers at SMBs all the way up through the Fortune 50.
Appcues makes it easy to measure and improve product adoption—without a developer. Using Appcues, customers like Pearson Education, Twilio, Amplitude, FreshWorks, Lyft, and TrueCar are able to track product usage and deliver in-app experiences to onboard users, personalize their products, and drive deeper engagement, all without writing any code.
- Understand our customers, product, and market more deeply than anybody in the organization, and share that understanding to level up everybody around you. You’ll frequently listen to sales, success, and support calls, and you’ll engage with customers almost every day.
- Increase adoption of our product by being our own best customer (duh). You’ll lead a cross-functional group focused on optimizing our own usage of Appcues’ product and own our overall in-app engagement strategy.
- Develop and evangelize Appcues best practices. You’ll work with the marketing team and others to create and distribute compelling best practices and use case content. Our creative team includes a visual designer and video producer – get psyched.
- Ensure every customer-facing teammate is prepared to pitch the value of Appcues, sell effectively against the competition, and handle objections. You’ll own and shape assets like onesheets, competitive battlecards, presentations, and more.
- Build and continuously develop relationships across the organization. You’ll have the ability to lead, inspire, and influence cross-functionally.
- Lead the planning and execution of epic product launches that hit adoption and revenue goals and inspire other product marketing teams around the world.
- Work with our leadership, product, and marketing teams to refine messaging, pricing, and packaging.
- Plan the future of product marketing at Appcues. We believe that great product marketing will be a critical advantage as we head into our next stage of growth. While you’ll initially be the only product marketer at Appcues, you’ll be expected to hire and grow a team as the company hits new milestones.
- You have 7+ years in high growth B2B SaaS with an emphasis on product and customer marketing, and a track record of creating alignment and improving collaboration cross-functionally, and improving product adoption and retention.
- You love understanding and connecting with people. You’re genuinely excited about immersing yourself in the world of our prospects and customers, and you understand that the quality of your internal relationships will determine your ability to lead and influence.
- You’re still in touch with customers from past roles, and if asked for a reference, they’d have great things to say about you and how your work helped them succeed.
- You take pride in enabling and supporting your teammates and consistently look for ways to make everyone better at what they do.
- You’re passionate about product-led growth and helping software companies of all sizes become more product-led.
- You’re curious, creative, and eager to experiment and iterate. You make decisions based on research and data, and you ask great questions.
- You’re results-oriented and know how to evaluate, prioritize, double down on, and cut product marketing activities to improve the results of our effort.
100% remote – We don’t have an office so all of our employees learn and collaborate in the same way using remote work practices. This won’t change post-COVID as we are committed to being 100% remote for the long-term. We work in Slack, Zoom, and a collection of modern collaboration tools. We have inclusive remote events and, after COVID times, will get together twice a year for a fun off-site retreat.
Well-being – You’ll have solid health, dental, and vision plans; access to 401k, and a generous maternity and paternity leave.
Fair pay – Each role has a defined salary band, bands and salaries are audited on a regular basis to help maintain fairness and market value
Home office and tech budget – Besides paying for your work computer (Mac or PC), we offer a one-time $1000 home office stipend and an additional $500 annual budget for extra work-related technology.
Coworking space, on us – Home office not cutting it? We’ll reimburse your monthly coworking fees.
Equity – We want everyone invested in our success. We grant every employee equity in the company.
Transparency and collaboration – We foster team alignment with meetings of all shapes and sizes—a monthly all-hands meeting called FirstThurs, weekly team lunches, and Lunch & Learns., and an annual learning stipend.
Unlimited vacation – We believe time away to reflect and explore makes us all more productive, so we expect each employee to take a minimum of ten days of vacation per year. Employees based in the USA also take off all US federal holidays. Employees residing in other countries can choose to follow their local national holidays or US federal holidays.
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, checklists, and more) without writing any code. We believe it’s the non-technical people who often have the best information about a user’s needs and desires, and we give them the tools to act.
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, their work, and the success story we are writing. Our values are not just words. We live by them.
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer that commits to diversity and inclusion and also celebrates it. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or marital status. We believe that diverse teams foster a more inclusive company culture, build better products, and are more human, humane, and fun.