Thumbtack (501+ Employees, 3% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That’s why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we’re creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Product Team
Our product team is small but mighty. We partner with engineering, design, analytics and more to craft a marketplace that delivers over a billion dollars in business to our pros while helping millions of customers get their projects done each year.
About the Role
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment to reinvent how a large piece of the local economy works? Do you want to help support the growth of hundreds of thousands of local businesses? We’re looking for a director of product to lead our supply growth efforts including helping new pros onto the platform, helping them find customers, grow their business, engage and retain on Thumbtack.
- Defining our supply growth strategy, coordinating and executing growth plans to balance Thumbtack’s short and long term objectives
- Lead our thinking around how to create a comprehensive & reliable supply growth playbook to keep our marketplace healthy
- Create an environment that fosters high-quality, metrics-driven experimentation, which leads to impactful improvements and positive business impact
- Driving activation, retention, and engagement improvements throughout the lifecycle of a Pro
- Partnering with cross-functional leadership across other Product orgs, Operations, Marketing, and Finance to shape the company’s growth strategy
- Partnering with experience teams to evolve our vision for helping local businesses on Thumbtack
- Lead and develop a team of world-class PMs
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of product management experience building consumer web/mobile products
- 2+ years of experience in growth, or building growth products
- Experience scaling customer acquisition, activation, engagement, and retention at a high-growth company
- Track record of people management with experience building, leading, and managing world-class growth teams
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, cross-functional, and dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical skills to break down and solve complex problems, and distill their complexity based on audience
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally & excellent business judgment
- Experience working in a marketplace business
- Experience identifying and scaling growth levers
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact [email protected].