Babylist (51-200 Employees, 86% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Babylist is an online universal baby registry that enables parents discover, request and buy products for newborns.
Babylist is looking for a Director of Recruiting to lead the company through a time of explosive business and headcount growth. Hiring at Babylist is truly a business transforming endeavor – we are only as good as the talent we attract and retain; you will be a key leader in this effort, influencing the trajectory of the company into the future. We are currently 100 team members and doubling in size in the next year.
As the leader of our Recruiting team, you will manage a team of technical and generalist recruiters, managers, sourcers and coordinators. You will iterate upon our current talent acquisition practices, processes and policies. You will also manage our relationships with external and executive recruiting firms, strategizing on when to in-source or outsource to bring the best talent in the most cost and time efficient method. Our recruiting function is made up primarily of external recruiters and you will lead building up the internal capabilities for this next phase of growth.
You will define and develop a recruiting strategy and operation that attracts world-class talent in a rapidly changing talent landscape. You’re creative, excited by experimentation and to design strategies to grow headcount in a way that maintains an exceptional bar and high Babylist values alignment. You will be a key member of our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging group and build bias mitigation and diversity into every facet of your team, programming and strategies. Our team is thriving with remote work and regular visits to our Oakland HQ.
What you’ll do
- Own the long term strategy and delivery of Babylist talent acquisition
- Be a member of the leadership team. Build trusted relationships with senior leaders of the company to help them build and support the growth on their teams and functions.
- Develop, evolve and evangelize Babylist’s employer brand
- Develop programs to enhance Babylist’s pipeline (e.g., internship programs, functional networking events, relationships with target schools / bootcamps, etc.) in partnership with DEIB leadership
- Evolve the recruiting function toward modern technologies, processes and strategies that reflect the future of work
- Coach, develop and retain an efficient, high-performing recruiting team
- Define the right KPIs. Develop a suite of analytics and tooling that help measure the efficacy of our recruiting operations and programs
- Coach hiring teams on how to identify extraordinary talent
What you’ve done
- 10+ years of experience in talent acquisition in private and public companies and in-house and agency
- Technical recruiting experience preferred
- 5+ years leading recruiting teams and strategy
- Experience building high-volume recruiting operations for non-exempt populations
- Proven ability to lead recruiting teams to hit hiring and business targets
- Dynamic and persuasive with a high EQ
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We are a remote first company and invest in infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are committed to providing an actively antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist is the leading destination for baby commerce, where 8 million people each year buy what they need to welcome a new baby. We serve parents and the community of grandparents, friends and relatives around each baby – connecting everyone who helps plan, prepare and shop for the new arrival. From the “add anything from anywhere” registry for new parents, to the expert advice and product ideas for gift givers, there is no more trusted, go-to solution for growing families.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.