Who we are:
Hooked is an extremely exciting restaurant tech startup based in Los Angeles in the food service industry. We’ve recently launched a new platform called Stream – Our goal is to help restaurants maximize their full potential by providing a full suite of tools to manage their menu, publish to delivery services, and integrate incoming orders directly into their point of sales service. If you’ve ever looked behind the cash register and seen a mess of tablets from Postmates, Doordash, Uber Eats and others, you’ll see the type of problem we’re solving!
**The product is still somewhat in stealth so we haven’t published the actual site and not too much public info available**
We are looking for a passionate and influential leader to join our team as the Director of UI/UX Design for Stream. As an early member of the Stream team you’ll have a direct impact on the visual brand and product. In addition you’ll be developing new product features as well as growing and iterating existing solutions. Our ideal candidate has a strong creative design and user experience background for both mobile and web. The key to Stream is ease of use; we’re looking for someone who can build products that are functionally easy to use and visually appealing to our customers.
– Lead the complete UI/UX design process, from the development of wires and prototyping to the end product
– Set best practices and standards related to UX/UI across products and features – with a love for creating a cohesive design aesthetic across web, mobile, app, and design systems
– Drive product direction and conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design challenges
– Collaborating with the product team on prototyping and iterating based on learnings found in user testing and user feedback.
– Understanding how tech may impact design and creates (and collaborates) accordingly.
– 3+ years preferred experience as a hands-on UX/Product Designer including responsive sites and applications and native mobile applications (iOS, Android, React Native)
– Experience working across the entire product lifecycle, from research and prototyping, to launch, to ongoing feedback and iteration cycles.
– Has an eye for detail, and ability to get to the root of the problem with a customer-centric lens.
– Knowledge of latest UX trends, techniques, and technology
– Strong communication and collaboration skills, especially in influencing and partnering across the organization
– Experience overseeing and implementing a design system from the ground up.
– Experience in consumer facing products
Nice to haves:
– Experience with SaaS or complex enterprise applications.
– Proficient in Figma for wireframes and click-through prototypes
– Prior experience in delivery, online ordering or restaurant point of sale systems
To apply please email a link to your current portfolio along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org