Mayo Clinic (501+ Employees, 9% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
MayoClinic a nonprofit medical practice and medical research group
Title: Director – Revenue Cycle
Location: United States
Standard business hours – M-F, 8am – 5pm, centered around central time zone
100% remote; can work from anywhere in the U.S
The Director is responsible to provide support across the enterprise for all Mayo Clinic providers, including but not limited to multiple specialty practices, community hospitals including critical access hospitals, and large academic medical centers. Successful candidates will have extensive leadership experience in strategic integration across departments and practice areas. Experience should include developing site-based and virtual teams, workflow and process development that includes patient-centered and practice-driven support models, as well as analytics reporting and dashboard development, complex metric development, strategic denial mitigation efforts, as well as demonstrated adherence to budget. The Director of Patient Access may report to a Revenue Cycle Senior Director, and may have Revenue Cycle managers, analysts, nurses, and other Revenue Cycle staff as direct or indirect reports on a multi-site integrated team. The Director ensures the integrity and stability of revenue and billing data and provides direction for complex business decision making, and may identify, establish, and implement internal controls to ensure compliant billing. The role provides leadership in a team environment, including functional and technical activities and change management efforts.
The incumbent will participate in establishing the strategic direction of work teams or service lines, incorporating an awareness of the internal and external environment. This leader provides direction and interprets Revenue Cycle key performance indicators and synthesizes various inputs to formulate solutions and implement change for multi-disciplinary or complex technical issues. The Director coordinates the development of programs and processes for multiple Revenue Cycle operational areas, and interprets and implements policies related to regulatory compliance. Staying abreast of emerging issues in the healthcare environment and participates in risk mitigation strategies as
appropriate, this leader participates in the identification and implementation of strategies that lead to improved financial performance while preserving Mayo standards.
The Director is responsible for the recruitment, development of, and performance management for staff within areas of responsibility, translating the departmental vision into meaningful and effective results. Responsibilities may also include leading institutional workgroups or complex projects and managing and prioritizing limited resources across teams to maximize efficiency. As a values-driven leader, the Director handles ambiguous situations in a productive and professional manner and leads others through such situations successfully. Travel required as assignments warrant.
Bachelor degree with 10 years’ experience which includes at least 7 years in general leadership required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Broad expertise in healthcare management, healthcare operations, change management and systems preferred.
- Possesses and applies knowledge of healthcare clinical and administrative systems and processes to achieve organizational priorities.
- Has solid knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Possess ability to apply broad knowledge to new circumstances to add value and perspective.
- Exhibits a customer-service orientation; anticipates, understands and addresses customer needs in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of large revenue cycle systems preferred and medical record systems.
- Ability to establish a productive team-based work environment and collaborate effectively across multiple sites and functions. Demonstrated communication and presentation skills. Ability to lead or direct multiple complex projects and activities in an ambiguous environment.
- Participates in establishing an environment that promotes initiative, creativity and a high level of productivity.