Philips (501+ Employees, 83% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
District Service Manager – Imaging Systems (Home Based: Connecticut)
Effective Tuesday, January 4, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Montana employees are currently excluded from this requirement at this time.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
As a District Service Manager, you will lead and manage all service functions for the assigned district for customer services. The ideal candidate will be based in Connecticut (district coverage across CT, parts of NY, and northern NJ). You will participate in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans to achieve annual revenue targets, grow the region’s revenue from core business and value-added services. The District Service Manager will develop and execute the strategy to leverage service marketing programs in order to achieve and exceed financial targets and is responsible for customer satisfaction and maintaining and further enhancing the image of Philips Customer Services in the marketplace.
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Connecticut. Consideration will be given to highly qualified candidates residing in other parts of the district (northern NJ or NY), but the preferred location is CT. Travel up to 50% across the territory is required.
You are responsible for
- People Leadership (Managerial Courage, Command Skills, Developing Direct Reports and Others, Building Effective Teams)
- Customer Ownership (Customer Focus, Composure, Negotiating, Business Acumen)
- Operational Management (Drive for Results, Business Acumen, Decision Quality)
- Financial Accountability (Drive for Results, Business Acumen, Decision Quality)
- Strategic and Tactical Initiatives / Resource Balancing: Determine possible strategic and tactical initiatives and prioritize based on business needs and resource availability.
- Full P/L responsibilities
You are part of
The Philips Services & Solutions Delivery (S&SD) organization, specifically the Imaging Systems (IS) business. You will benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and you will be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings. In a “One Team” culture, you’ll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of leadership experience in healthcare services or equipment sales. Experience with diagnostic imaging highly preferred.
- Solid experience managing a profit/loss business.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives to generate growth in revenue; ability to create competitive strategies and plans.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple and conflicting high-level business problems simultaneously under time constraints.
- Effectively manage numerous business issues at a broad conceptual level and tolerate ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with customers effectively and always instill confidence in the situation.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, influencing, mentoring, coaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical, organization, and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills including demonstrated stand-up presentation skills, group facilitation, and ability to effectively interact with customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively in a team-based organization and with management and individuals of various levels and backgrounds across all department and organizational levels.
- PC skills with demonstrated knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Ability to work individually and under minimal supervision to include a mixture of both remote and office environments leading remote workforce.
- Enthusiastic and high energy.
- Proven ability and track record of managing field personnel.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record that is compliant with Philips’ Fleet Policy.
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
How we work at Philips
There are three core ways that define our ways of working – embracing flexibility, being at our best, and impactful collaboration . We believe this enables us to deliver an outstanding experience to our customers and create the best place to work for people who share our passion.
We know just how important direct interactions are and work is more engaging when we are more frequently face-to-face, and that we experience better collaboration which drives innovation. While we have many different types of roles across Philips most require a combination of in-person collaboration with colleagues and partners, usually at a Philips location, and individual focus time, which can be done remotely.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it’s like working at Philips , read stories from our employee blog , find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran