Jitterbit is a leader in the enterprise integration platform as a service (iPaaS) and offers Jitterbit Harmony, a single platform for application and data integration.
Jitterbit seeks a full-time and fully remote contract Documentation Technical Writer. The task of the writer is to help in the creation of and to support the documentation for Jitterbit’s software products and services.
The contract would be for a period of three months (12 weeks). An extension beyond that period may be possible.
You would be working with the Jitterbit Documentation Team, which is responsible for the Jitterbit documentation websites success.jitterbit.com and developer.jitterbit.com, as well as other writing and editing as needed.
You should be a discriminating and detailed writer with samples that show your technical writing experience and skills. We are seeking someone who is energetic and enthusiastic with an interest in and a focus on producing high-quality technical documentation for a world-wide audience. We are happy to consider candidates with limited experience who are looking to expand their career possibilities.
Our working hours on the Documentation Team span the 8am US Eastern to 5pm US Pacific time zones. The writer needs to be available for our daily 9am US Pacific time standup meeting.
We are seeking a writer who can:
- Learn challenging technical concepts without the aid of documentation…because you are creating that documentation.
- Create content that satisfies the needs of a broad user audience whose level of technical experience varies from beginning developers to seasoned professional integrators.
- Revise and maintain existing documentation for products and a platform depended on by customers around the world, filling in gaps in reference and best practice knowledge.
- Test the content by actual use of our highly technical enterprise-class product and platform.
- Quickly write and produce accurate and clear content.
- Manage multiple documentation requirements and track product deliverables.
- Coordinate with other team members and Jitterbit staff and facilitate collaborative authoring of content.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional groups through a series of daily check-ins and project-level meetings.
- Work remotely with a globally distributed content and development team.
The Jitterbit Documentation Team toolkit includes:
- Atlassian Confluence
- MkDocs with Material theme and GitHub Pages
- GitHub repositories
- Atlassian Trust Site
- Adobe Marketo
- Atlassian Jira instances
- Slack, Google’s office suite, and related technologies
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.