Offit Kurman (201-500 Employees, 14% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Offit Kurman, a quickly growing full-service law firm, is seeking an E-billing & Collections Assistant (E&C Assistant) to work remotely, however for the first 2-3 months, the E&C Assistant will need to work in our Baltimore office for training. This full-time position will be split among two departments, Collections and E-billing, half of the day will be spent on each of the two departments. The E&C Assistant works on attorney/client portfolios on e-billing and collections issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with internal and external clients to set up e-billing systems.
- Review Client Guidelines and provide billing/e-billing review of said Guidelines to Management Committee for approval.
- Work with clients on setting up matters, timekeepers, and provide all needed documentation such as certificate of insurance, W9 and any other client requests adhering to internal Offit Kurman policies and procedures.
- Research and work with Accounting & Finance Group to sort out any payment application issues.
- Maintain e-billing matter management information in Aderant.
- Work directly with the E-billing Manager and the E-billing Supervisor on any ad-hoc e-bill related management/client requests.
- Set up and maintenance of client e-billing accounts in third-party vendor sites; submit timekeepers and rates for approval; keep all timekeepers and rates up-to-date on the sites; enter budgets. Review, analysis and uploading of client fee structures to vendor sites.
- Maintain user accounts: adding/removing users, resetting passwords, assigning proper security levels, as required; review status reports, and matter profiles in various systems.
- Research rejections and appeals. Work closely with attorneys and legal assistants to provide timely resolution.
- Ability to troubleshoot e-billing software applications, identify potential and realized problem areas, summarize findings, and outline steps to obtain resolution of issues.
- Work with Credit & Collections team to ensure proactive follow-up on aged e-billed invoices.
- Monitor payment of e-billed invoices and coordinate appeals and short payment balances with the appropriate Credit & Collection Specialist.
- Set up, maintain e-billed invoice status updates in Firm’s Accounts Receivable/Collection database.
- Work closely with the Collections Manager and the collections specialists on ad-hoc requests.
- Prepare reports as needed on a case by case basis.
- Draft and send collection letters to clients.
- Monitor and reports statuses on specific aged accounts receivables.
- Work closely with attorneys to resolve collection issues.
- Work closely on researching/reconciling unassigned payments made to the firm, by speaking with clients, attorneys and billers to identify where the funds should be applied to.
- High School diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Aderant experience preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Able to take the initiative and have a proactive work style.
- Flexibility to work overtime, whenever necessary.
- Ability to contribute as a strong team player, but also to work independently.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. We offer a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.