Allstate (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Employee Benefits Sales Consultants are responsible for top line premium growth, case count and producer recruiting within their region. The Consultant works with national, regional and local Employee Benefit Brokers, Consultants, General Agents, Technology Partners and Enrollment Firms by consulting, training, educating, motivating in order to ensure profitable growth and to meet sales objectives established for an assigned market within the territory.
One territory covers the state of Arkansas. Our second territory will cover the Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, Austin, TX. Candidates must reside in the vicinity of the assigned territory.
- Build consulting relations with new and existing National, Regional and local Employee Benefit Broker Partners, General Agents, Technology Partners and Enrollment Firm partners with our suite of 40+ Workplace Group, Individual and non-insurance products.
- Be a resource for partners by being the subject matter expert on suitable enrollment technology solutions as well as product solutions for their client companies.
- Sales Consultants provide training and on-going development of producers, agencies and general agents in their assigned region.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong working relationship with our Home Office Sales Support, Underwriting, Policyholder Services, Billing Support, Compliance, Compensation and Allstate Field Management.
- Meet or exceed assigned production plan.
- Help analyze markets and formulate recruiting and marketing programs, with the goal of securing long term relationships with producers who will effectively produce quality business.
- Consult with producers to bring value to their existing book of business and develop new opportunities designed to generate solutions for their clients.
- Provide feedback on changes in the marketplace.
- Help implement and support the corporate strategy.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a highly competitive compensation/benefits package, to include:
- Base salary (paid bi-weekly)
- Uncapped bonus potential – opportunity to earn bonus based on all new and reenrollment premiums produced within the region
- Additional bonus opportunity for affiliated products in addition to standard sales consultant compensation
- This position is eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses
- We provide a full benefits package, 401k as well as a defined contribution pension, company car, and expense account
The average Sales Consultant bonus in 2021 was $194,000 – over half the team earned more than $100,000 in bonus! The top 10% of our Sales Consultants made bonuses of $500,000 and up! As you can see, in this role, your potential compensation is tied only to your sales ability and drive!
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of employee benefit, voluntary benefit, group health insurance experience in a wholesale or broker role with a successful track record
- Management experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Industry involvement a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Life, Health Licenses required
- Professional designations such as CEBS, CLU and ChFC are desirable.
- Experience in recruitment and management of insurance sales force
- Sales communication and relationship building skills required
- Microsoft office proficiency
- Strong leadership and work ethic
Compensation offered for this role is $45,000.00 per year base plus bonus and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click ‘here‘ for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click ‘here‘ for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster click ‘here‘. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click ‘here‘. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.