Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Global Workforce Labor Standards team (GLS) supports Amazon Worldwide Consumer ensuring consistency and reducing compliance risks in our employment practices and policies worldwide. The team informs Amazon Employee Relations (ER) services and drive accountability by ensuring prioritization, visibility and compliance of our HR policies and practices across business lines. GLS team is looking for an Employee Relations Manager (ER Manager) with a demonstrated passion for building innovative new programs and teams focused on creating and maintaining a positive employee experience for our corporate employees in Europe. ER is responsible for reducing risk to the business by developing programs to empower the next generation of high-performing, empathetic leaders. Our programs are global in scale and we continually innovate to transform and improve the employee experience. Candidates must have a successful record of managing labor relations, improving existing portfolios, building new programs and executing at scale.
The EU Corporate ER Manager will play a critical role in advancing our mission. You will join a team of ER professionals, including former HR, operational, program and legal leaders, and will help shape the culture and direction of this team. You will be supporting Amazon’s Corporate portfolio in selected EUR countries and have impact on the daily work of over the corporate Amazonian population. We’ve found the best Employee Relations leaders come from backgrounds that involve working across numerous fields and areas. The consistent thread, however, is an exceptional ability to communicateboth written and verbal.
Key job responsibilities
• Amplify the Voice of the Employee: Identify defects in the employee experience, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions.
• Collective representation: Manage relationship with employees’ representatives bodies to ensure positive labor relations in Corporate environment.
• Active approach: Manage Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) concerns (e.g., Harassment, Retaliation, Discrimination based on a legally protected category or for legally protected activities) of corporate employees.
• Solution focused: Manage complaints from multiple corporate employees alleging serious and widespread concerns.
• Lead Cross-Functional Collaboration: Interact with all levels of employees and act as the bridge between ER, Corporate stakeholders, senior leaders and employees
• Deliver Insight. Utilize data associated with insight gathering initiatives to deliver meaningful insights and trends directly from the voice of our employees to leaders.
• Effective Communication: Make sense of complex information and communicate effectively to audiences of varying levels of experience. Manage partners to identify endemic issues and pull-in the right stakeholders to create and implement strategic solutions. Present recommendations in business reviews and identify opportunities to scale solutions
• Scale: Facilitate proper stakeholder engagement to integrate programs and offerings that offer duplicative solutions.
A day in the life
In this newly created role, the EU Corporate ER Manager will focus on supporting Amazon Corporate teams in selected EU countries with labor relations expertise and on increasing the effectiveness of our Corporate businesses by identifying, prioritizing and fixing employee experience defects. The programs will align Employee Relations’ curated services, technology, messaging, and auditing mechanisms to deliver results on behalf of our Corporate employees.
About the team
Employee Relations is responsible for reducing risk to the business by developing programs to empower the next generation of high-performing, empathetic leaders. Our programs are global in scale and we continually innovate to transform and improve the employee experience. Candidates must have a successful record of building new programs, improving existing portfolios, managing EEO cases and executing at scale.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Proven track record of confident communication and management of stakeholders across all levels of an organization, including the ability to propose complex solutions and explanations in writing.
• Proven relevant experience in Industrial and employee relations.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous or stressful situations.
• High-level leadership and decision-making skills.
• Proven track record leading quality programs with spirit of continuous improvement.
• Fluent English.
Lean/Continuous Improvement experience, training or certification.
• Fluent in other languages
• You are empathetic at your core; you love asking the right questions just as much as solving the problem.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Experience in different regions employment law
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).