WeTransfer (201-500 Employees, 71% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
⚠️ Please don’t mind of the location, we can hire pretty much everywhere
WeTransfer has provided a valuable service for free to hundreds of millions of users globally over its decade long existence. As we have grown, the sales team continues to partner with high-quality, top tier brands and agencies owning the full-screen advertising business. Our studio consistently delivers brilliant, unique, original, and innovative creative.
Our goal as a team is to provide the necessary tools, technological infrastructure, and systems to support our advertising, and creative teams, to increase effectiveness throughout the publishing pillar of WeTransfer and deliver on a promise of growth for WeTransfer. WeTransfer’s Ads Platform focuses on delivering new, innovative products to take our publishing arm to the next level. By developing our own custom tools and integrations, we lay the foundation of a fully adaptable product, able to withstand the industries ever changing requirements.
The Ads Platform primary goal is to maximize the value we provide to our free users. With hundreds of millions of free users relying on our service each month and billions of impressions served monthly, this team’s focus is to create an Ads Platform product that can support the publishing business, engaging our clients, providing higher levels of ROI, while creating an engaging user experience for all free users.
What you’ll be doing
- Building the future of our Ads infrastructure at an exciting time as we move to a multi-platform ad delivery environment. From Desktop to native mobile advertising.
- Oversee and lead the technical direction of the team
- Enable our creative team to improve and expand what is possible in our bespoke WeTransfer ads
- Partner with creative and data engineering teams for testing, optimization, reporting, and insights
- Set the standard for engineering excellence within the team
- Manage the development and delivery of technical solutions across multiple teamsIdentify, evaluate and integrate a range of publisher-focused 3rd party solutions into our proprietary Ads Platform
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineering teams and product managers to solve exciting and challenging problems across the platform
- Maintain a deep understanding of engineering/product/business needs
- Directly manage, mentor and coach a team of full-stack engineers as they grow technically and professionally
- Balance priorities of your teams and enable them to effectively complete long term projects while fixing bugs, managing technical debt, and offer support to the engineering organization
- Set and monitor performance goals for teams and individuals, providing feedback through reviews, one-on-one’s, and regular discussions
- Connect engineering to the rest of the business by clearly communicating business goals to your engineering teams, as well as technical solutions to stakeholders
- Scale the Ads Platform team to meet the demands of our ambitious roadmap whilst collaborating with the recruitment team
What we’ll be looking for
- Experience in encouraging a healthy engineering culture in an agile environment
- A passionate learner who isn’t afraid of new tools and technologies and who loves to share their knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of privacy-compliant solutions for ad delivery, targeting, and measurement
- Experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software engineers towards delivering high quality, high availability software
- Enthusiasm for both what we build and how we build it
- Experience implementing or overseeing the implementations of software for scale using design patterns that reduce waste and improve delivery
- Experience of testing and rolling out robust software solutions
- Keen sense of modern technology trends and experience working with modern frameworks and services.
- Someone who values open and honest communication and good teamwork to achieve a shared vision.
- Experience in process implementation and in actively challenging engineers to produce meaningful products
- Affinity for excellent design and user experience
- Broad technical and creative interests (we’d love to see any side projects you enjoy)
- Self-directed, analytical, highly responsible and work well in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (English)
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office. However, we recommend that you don’t come to the office more than 2-3 per week – since that wouldn’t be hybrid anymore.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.