Airbnb (501+ Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to help build internal products and drive best in class collaboration experiences for internal Airbnb stakeholders. The Airfam Products team sits within BizTech and builds custom tools for the Airfam. We take pride in creating software solutions that fit with our culture and ways of working in order to make employees more productive in their jobs and feel more connected to one another.
We’re seeking an experienced engineering manager to lead an established senior engineering team. Because our products are highly visible to all employees and serve many stakeholders, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with and influence senior leaders across the company. As work has become more remote and detached, you’ll have a hand in shaping Airbnb’s vision of collaboration within a more distributed workplace. Airfam Products is really a unique corner of the company and if you’re passionate about creating tangible value for our community of employees and being front and center in delivering a new digital employee experience – you’re going to love this team.
Airbnb is a vision and mission-driven company. Our Engineering Managers embody this culture and mindset. Engineering Managers here imagine the ideal end state for our community first and work backward from it, challenging all current assumptions. They champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure progress against it. They partner with talented cross-functional team members (engineering, design, employee experience, corporate communications, etc.) and lead teams to execute a shared vision. They are incredibly hands-on and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the right outcome for our community. We are looking for leaders who want to join us in this journey to create belonging everywhere.
- Be accountable for the products, tools, and technology that empower our Intranet and employee connectivity.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional leadership team to develop a roadmap and key metrics for executing multiple product strategies.
- Develop trusted partnerships with business, product, and engineering leaders to align on critical initiatives.
- Champion engineering excellence, establish key metrics and drive continuous operational improvements.
- Determine hiring needs and build a high performing team to execute against product roadmaps, driving a recruiting strategy from your network, the team’s network, and the recruiting team.
- Mentor and coach engineers and create growth opportunities for your team members.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience.
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Experience architecting, building, and maintaining highly available services.
- Familiarity with patterns, libraries and frameworks for building and testing services, and service-to-service communication.
- Been actively involved in setting infrastructure roadmaps and product strategy.
- Excelled at building highly-functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams with a track record for recruiting, coaching and mentoring.
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all employees.
- Proven track record successfully collaborating and influencing cross-functional peers in Product Management, Design, Project Management, Finance, Legal, Employee Experience and Corporate Communications.
The starting base pay for this role is between $190,000 and $245,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.