BenchSci (201-500 Employees, 119% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
BenchSci’s vision is to bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We’re achieving it by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence. Backed by F-Prime, Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI fund), and Inovia Capital, our platform accelerates science at 15 top-20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading research centers worldwide. We’re a remote-first company recognized for our impact and culture as a Deloitte Tech Fast 50TM, CIX Top 10 Growth, Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked organization on Glassdoor. Learn more at www.benchsci.com.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join our rapidly growing Data Team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Data & DevOps, you will be responsible for planning, delivery, mentoring, and coaching data engineers. In this impactful role, you will work closely with key stakeholders across the organization and be instrumental in cross-team priorities and management. The most successful candidates for this role will be experienced software engineers who have transitioned to leading individual engineers and delivering complex data engineering solutions.
- Own and drive execution of product and technical roadmaps
- Take a leadership role in our recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes
- Provide mentorship and carry out regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports
- Help improve the processes and patterns of data engineering at BenchSci
- Engage with ML, Science, and Product teams to facilitate the delivery of complex projects with high quality in a timely manner
- Analyze, plan, and develop requirements and standards in reference to upcoming company projects
- Be a standard-bearer for culture who actively works towards building a cohesive team united by common engineering principles
- Delegate tasks and manage all technical issues within your team
- Work with your team to continuously drive improvements in quality and productivity
- Be an organizational leader, defining and contributing to cross-team initiatives and vision
- 5+ years of experience working as a professional developer
- 2+ years of experience working as an engineering team manager
- Experience in a leadership role providing technical direction to less senior staff
- A proven track record of delivering complex development projects
- Solid experience with relational databases and data modeling
- Production experience with data processing tools such as Spark or Beam
- Software engineering experience in Python
- Well-versed in Agile practices
- Strong leadership, engineering skills, and communication skills
- The ability to understand and explain complex systems, and independently learn new technologies
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture that hires the best talent from around the world
A competitive compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
Comprehensive health and dental benefits with an emphasis on mental health
Three weeks of vacation plus an additional day for every completed year
A $2000 Annual Learning & Development budget
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
Additional time-off: 2 weeks for Winter Holiday, every other Friday in July and August, your birthday, and more!
A $1000 work from home allowance to make your home setup perfect for you
An executive coach for managers to assist in leading high-performing teams
A lifestyle spending account for employees to receive reimbursement for eligible expenses related to wellness, lifestyle and productivity.
We believe culture is critical to success and invest accordingly. We live and promote our FASTT values of focus, advancement with speed, tenacity, and transparency. We work hard to maintain an engaging, supportive environment where everyone can do their best work. To learn more, read our culture deck.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. To learn more, read about our DEI initiatives.
BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.