C2FO (501+ Employees, 89% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Do you want to help transform the global economy? Are you passionate about helping women-owned and minority-owned businesses thrive? C2FO is doing just that, having built the world’s largest working capital platform that serves over 1.7 million businesses in 160 countries. We’re laser focused on building a world where every business – including and especially those that have been most underserved – has the capital it needs to grow and thrive.
C2FO is a global financial technology company that provides convenient, cost-effective access to the working capital businesses of all sizes need to thrive. C2FO has more than 800 employees worldwide, headquartered in Kansas City, and operations throughout Europe, India, Asia Pacific, and Australia.
Since 2008, C2FO’s online platform and innovative financial products have accelerated payments by more than $1 billion in working capital each week for companies in over 180
About the Market Mechanics team:
Market Mechanics, a set of backend engineering teams, is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead one of the teams. This team is responsible for building the core algorithms of our flagship Early Pay product and creating the platform foundations for the new products and experiences of C2FO. The team primarily works in Scala and occasionally other languages and frameworks, including TypeScript and React. This position has the option of working from our Kansas City metro area office or remotely within the United States.
About the Engineering Manager position:
Collaborate with Product Managers to ensure priority based on product, engineering, and business goals. Coordinate with QA to regularly deliver value to production in an organized fashion. Ensure the team has a plan to achieve the goals and tasks in front of them.
- Manage a team of 4-5 highly motivated and collaborative backend engineers.
- Conduct regular 1:1s with each member of your team.
- Provide guidance and feedback to enable engineers to grow, be productive and increase their impact.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to ensure priority based on product, engineering, and business goals.
- Coordinate with QA to regularly deliver value to production in an organized fashion.
- Ensure the team has a plan to achieve the goals and tasks in front of them.
- Assist the engineers with design and breakdown of work.
- Set standards to safeguard a readable, maintainable, secure, and scalable codebase.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment that maximizes the diversity of the team.
- If your time allows, you may contribute to the codebase as long as you stay out of the critical path.
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer
- Scala, Akka, Kafka, Postgres
- AWS, GCP, Azure
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Microservice architectures, Distributed concurrent systems, RESTful & GraphQL APIs
- Concerned with the success of the team
- Skilled at building team camaraderie & productivity
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Vigilant in identifying tech debt and in continuously improving how we do things
- Helps others perform as highly as possible
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we not only value diversity and equality, we cultivate teams that feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and our global, multicultural clients. We recognize the power of inclusion, emphasizing that each team member was chosen for their unique ability to contribute to the overall success of our mission.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.