Coinbase (501+ Employees, 233% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Build and manage an engineering team and guide the development of features and infrastructure.
- Coach your direct reports to have a positive impact on the organization and chart a fulfilling career path.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to break down complex projects into smaller pieces and iterate on their design and implementation.
- Be a thoughtful technical voice and support your team in making diligent architectural decisions.
- Work with our talent organization to source and hire amazing engineers who will expand the Coinbase culture and product.
- Contribute to owning and delivering processes that drive engineering quality and meet our engineering SLAs.
- Help define a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our API first Content Management systems to support the most trusted name in crypto
- Manage a team of engineers to build, test and ship new customer-facing experiences and features in modern tools like React, ESNext, Typescript, Jest and Webpack.
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders to produce user stories and technical requirements for diverse projects
- Prioritize and maintain engineering work and cross-BU interdependencies
- Identify and resolve inefficiencies in Engineering tools, process, and workflows as well as brainstorming new methods of efficiency to support our key business partners
- Articulate build or buy recommendations for key capabilities, required to deliver various aspects of the product solution
- Reviewing code contributions by team members for improvements and developing a path towards an elegant and maintainable code base
- Lead meetings with positive energy and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction
- At least 8 years of experience in software engineering.
- At least 2 years of engineering management experience.
- You know what high quality code — and software engineering processes — look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them.
- Execution focused with an ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Ability to do both long term thinking and short term planning.
- Experience creating, delivering, and operating multi-tenanted, distributed systems at scale.
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together
- Experience designing and building maintainable applications at scale with bespoke cloud infrastructure tooling
- Passionate advocate for reducing tech debt and simplifying complex systems
- Experience with the lifecycle of systems, products and features
- Experience with identifying and fixing process bottlenecks
- Working knowledge of configuring and building CI/CD processes and improving developer tooling
- Experience with leading in a high-growth, startup environment with changing requirements
- Background working with Agile sprints, backlogs in Jira
- Experience with SSDLC frameworks and applying them to improve day to day engineering processes
- Experience with vendor management is a plus
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $188,275 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.