Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian’s mission of “Unleash the potential of every team” is the guiding light behind everything we do. We have developed well-known products (Jira, Confluence, Trello etc…), that fit in the fabric of teamwork across different types of teams, and the processes to help every team succeed. Our Team Playbook includes some of the best practices to maximize the potential of every team and is used by our customers as well as those who have never used in Atlassian product.
The CTO Ops group seeks to design and drive execution and operations of the CTO organization and Cloud Engineering’s strategy and make it a reality. Our team works closely with the engineering leadership team to ensure that Engineering’s operational ‘engine’ is fine tuned and optimized for scale. The members of the team are key participants in influencing Engineering’s operational strategy and aligning it with business objectives.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Define and own the end to end success of Engineering operational processes
- Partner with key Engineering leaders and other partner teams to identify new processes, and define clear goals and success criteria
- Align and drive team members across the CTO organization to translate these goals into reality
- Routinely exercise continuous improvement, to get the most out of teams
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- Ability to wear multiple hats and context-switch frequently and seamlessly
- Passion for delivery and ability to balance trade-offs as you influence teams toward successful end product(s).
- Experience and passion in learning new technologies.
- Knack for building alliances and partnerships across the business as you find creative solutions to high visibility questions.
- Eager and able to soar at strategic levels as well as dive deeply into details (rolling up your sleeves) in order to deliver concrete outcomes
- Outstanding track record with cross functional partners: people love to work with you!
It’s great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience or background in running Engineering programs and specifically Open Source programs.
- Experience in change management, culture evolution and org development.
- Passion for building and scaling at high-growth companies with a distributed work style.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.