Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
How do you scale to support multiple billions of users? From the patch of dirt, we build an office and campus to support users at scale, also being in the forefront of supporting a hybrid workforce with seamless need for VPN and Wireless, there is a lot behind Meta. In honoring our hacker roots and challenging convention we build the technical foundation. Meta is looking to expand its existing team focused on internal network engineering.A Network Engineer will have responsibility to design, implement, manage and maintain a global enterprise network with a variety of cutting-edge platforms. A successful candidate will help develop and understand requirements from internal customers and create technical solutions to improve productivity and services. A candidate must have a strong technical background, be innovative and agile, collaborate well in a team environment, and have very strong communication skills – a visionary who challenges the status quo and believes that collaboration technologies can level-up productivity.
Enterprise Network Engineer – Remote Access Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing management of a multi-vendor, multi-protocol enterprise network
- Interface with InfoSec teams to design and continuously deliver security-related enhancements
- Analyze data and define network capacity models and performance metrics to improve Reliability and Resiliency of the network and its services
- Develop automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events and minimize operational complexity
- Optimize the network in every way possible
- 1+ years experience in programming (Python) or scripting to automate/build etc.
- 3+ years of experience with stateful firewalls, non-stateful filtering and packet inspection.
- 4+ years of experience with Layer 3 Routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and VRFs.
- 4+ years experience with Remote Access VPN technologies (IPsec and SSL VPNs)
- 4+ years of experience with Layer 2 Switching protocols and associated enhancements such as STP, LACP, 802.1[d|s|w], or 802.1x etc.
- General understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) concepts as it relates to client based authentication, certificate management and revocation.
- Experience troubleshooting client based VPN connections, with solid understanding of operating systems (Mac OS, Windows and Linux).
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting certificate based authentication, 2FAC, SAML and LDAP.
- Experience with VPN headend in a large Enterprise (Cisco Firepower, ASA, FTD).
- Detailed understanding of tooling and automation to configure, manage and operate the network.
- SME in Remote Access VPN (Cisco AnyConnect).
- CCIE Security or equivalent level preferred.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]