Dear new Enterprise Sales Executive (USA),
It’s funny to think you’re reading this, even though we haven’t actually met yet. But, given that you’re the Sales Executive who’s going to take our amazing team to the next level, we just wanted to say hi. Adriana, our Sales Director, is especially excited to meet you – first because she’s lovely and a pleasure to work with but, secondly, because she knows just how fascinating a time this is to be joining Buyapowa, as we enter our biggest ever period of worldwide growth.
So, welcome to Buyapowa, new Sales Executive. We can’t wait for you to start.
This is what makes Buyapowa Buyapowa:
Traditional marketing is dead. That’s why we’re building what comes next – a whole new channel to attract and acquire customers that reflects the way that people discover, fall in love and shop with today’s leading brands.
We’re thrilled that more and more clients including BT, Vodafone, Formula 1, HSBC, Centrica, and Ralph Lauren are joining Buyapowa on this adventure, each and every day. But, cards on the table, when we started out over 10 years ago, we had no idea we’d become the global leader in what we do. And, while we’ve got huge plans for the years ahead, we’re just as excited by the unknown future as we are by the storied past.
We love new people, new ideas, new skills, new angles, new problems and new solutions. That’s why we’re not going to say something dumb like: “The ideal candidate went to this school, worked at that business and has this personality, that skillset and these boxes checked on their resume”. If we knew exactly what we wanted, we wouldn’t need you. So come show us what we’re missing.
We think these things are pretty obvious, but we’re a bit grossed-out that no one else is really saying them:
- No one wants to be compelled to commute into an office anymore. That’s why, while Buyapowa has offices around the world (and we love getting together face-to-face), we’re fully committed to the virtual workspace, and we’re delighted that our team gets to work wherever in the world they call home.
- No one’s worked at Buyapowa until they work at Buyapowa. So, while we value experience, we know that the greatest experience you can have is the experience you’ll gain once you start working with us.
- No one stops being talented just because they’re in their 50s or 60s. We love fresh ideas, but we don’t have a weird youth fetish like some other employers.
- That said, Mozart was composing classics when he was only five years old. So, if you’re just starting out on your journey, that’s amazing too.
- Apparently, the average person changes career 5-7 times over the course of their working life. Between you and us, we think that might be BS, but either way: we don’t care if this is your first and only career or you’re embarking on change number 5, 6 or 7. If you’ve got the talent, we want you.
- We actively celebrate all forms of diversity, and we’ll love the way you look, the things you believe in, the life you live and the people you love.
So, that’s us. We love building the future and we love the people we’re building the future with. If you’re the future-building kind, and you’ve got the smarts to back it up, the job’s already yours.
As a key member of the Sales team at Buyapowa, you will head up our North American region. This is our newest sales region, but our most important from a strategic perspective.
You’ll manage the entire sales cycle from prospecting to closing deals.
We’ve made great initial progress in North America, but we now need a a super-star in the making to take things to the next level.
What you will do:
- Working with the Director of Sales you will to help develop a strategic sales plan across industry verticals.
- Nurture and deliver a sales pipeline of medium to enterprise size clients in the North America.
- Manage the end-to-end sales process
- Initiate conversations with relevant Marketing / Commercial / Proposition heads at target clients
- Engage with client contacts, understand their requirements, build business cases, and educate them on how our platform can bring huge value.
- Set up and participate in relevant demos, meetings etc
- Be an integral member of the entire Buyapowa team, putting energy and passion into your work
- Full of HUGE potential
- 1+ years of Marketing Technology / SaaS sales experience in USA is preferable
- An excellent track record of meeting and exceeding targets in past roles
- Leading and managing the full sales cycle from prospecting to close
- Ability to evaluate, analyze and target strategic opportunities
- Comfortable holding interesting conversations at Director level or equivalent, with ability to build and effectively manage a pipeline of business
- A strong understanding of the nuances of the US market, genuine desire to build networks within this territory
- Experience or genuine desire to work in a scale-up environment
- Ideally degree educated (or equivalent)
- Happy to work remote and must be based on EST time zone.
Bonus points for:
- Have experience selling an advocacy (referral, affiliate, loyalty platform) in the USA
- Experience with any of the following verticals would be advantageous: Direct to consumer, banking, Credit card companies, Utilities, Telecoms
We love you. Here’s why you’ll love us back:
Learning & development. We’ll give you the opportunity to learn, including a personal learning budget for your professional growth.
Ownership. We’ve got big plans and we want you to share in the upside. That’s why you’ll get to participate in a generous equity incentive plan.
Wellbeing. We’re looking forward to seeing you grow in your professional life, but we also care about your wellbeing. That’s why you’ll receive an annual wellness budget, to spend just on you – no questions asked.
Work / life balance. Taking a break is super important to all of us. In fact, it’s something that’s gently encouraged, coaxed and nudged on a regular basis.
Remote-work ready. Our ethos is to prioritise remote working. While we have hubs and we love getting together, our priority is to invest in getting you set up to work remotely. So, whatever you need to be amazing, it’s on us.
Family life. Being part of the Buyapowa family is important to us, but we know you have a life outside of our team, too. Whatever family / home life looks like to you, we offer flexible working.