Benchling (501+ Employees, 228% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
We are looking for an Enterprise Solutions Architect with expertise across life science R&D and complex software systems, who will work with Benchling’s enterprise customers to create impactful solutions that drive the biotech revolutions.
The Enterprise Solutions Architect will work as a trusted adviser to oversee solution designs at a large, global enterprise deployment, and translate the customer’s IT strategy into detailed solutions in Benchling.
- Interface deeply with customers at the cutting edge of biotechnology to understand and align with the customer’s IT landscape and strategy, and recommend how best Benchling can enable the organization’s missions
- Collaborates with cross-functional business and technology stakeholders to align needs and requirements; translate business opportunities to technology solutions in partnership with engineering, product, solutions architecture teams
- Partner across Professional Service and Customer Success to enable complex rollouts at global enterprise customers
- Partner with Sales and Marketing on deal strategies, and with Engineering, Product, and Solutions Architecture teams to work through challenging technical problems
- Participate and contribute to the global enterprise process, product, or best practices initiatives
- 10+ years of experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry in a R&D IT organization
- BS or M.S degree in Life Sciences or Information Management. Advanced degree preferred
- Has coached global implementation teams in solutions designs
- Great at empathizing with scientists and can quickly understand complicated scientific concepts
- Excellent communication skills in verbal, written and presentation formats, as well as strong organizational skills.
- Independent, adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Comfortable working cross-functionally and across organizational levels in different geographies
- Ability to travel to customer sites up to 30% based on customer and project needs, when it is safe to do so
Nice to Haves:
- 5+ years of client facing software implementation and/or consulting experience, with demonstrated success managing enterprise scale SaaS projects
- Experience in implementing relevant scientific/informatics softwares such as LIMS, ELN, MES, LES, analytical tools such as JMP, Spotfire, Tableau, etc
- Certified solutions architect in AWS or the equivalents in other cloud providers
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Our leadership principles guide how all Benchlings can lead by example:
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing [email protected] to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.