Mailgun / Pathwire (51-200 Employees, 43% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Enterprise Technical Account Manager at Pathwire, a Sinch company is primarily a client advocate for customers using our premier Enterprise Email Deliverability Services and Mailgun sending packages. This role is responsible for owning the relationships with their assigned customer base and any and all associated issues starting with defining the issue, effectively communicating to any internal/external stakeholders and following through to steps for resolution. The Enterprise TAM is the primary dedicated Point of Contact (POC) for their customers and is focused on keeping those contacts engaged while ensuring Mailgun meets its retention and upsell goals.
- Collaborate directly with the Sales team to onboard new and existing customers into the Enterprise Managed Services
- Work closely with customers to understand their business’s use of email so that the customer can optimally use Mailgun to reach their business goals
- Along with assigned Mailgun Customer Success Manager (CSM), mutually build out multi-level relationships including senior customer contacts and key decision-makers and stakeholders
- Coordinate, create and conduct Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) for assigned customer base (in collaboration with CSM), including relevant Product and Senior management representation, as appropriate, for each review
- Regular travel (post-COVID) within region and sometimes outside the region to conduct customer onsite visits (Quarterly and Annual Business Reviews)
- Work closely with customers to ensure they understand and are able to implement email best practices that align with industry standards, tailored to their business needs with the goal to improve overall email deliverability, engagement and conversion rates for the respective email programs.
- Monitor and improve the reputation of the customer’s sending infrastructure to ensure delivery rates are always within an acceptable range
- Use tools to proactively monitor block-lists, spam trap hits, delivery rates, engagement statistics (when available), etc and work with the customer to address/ resolve any issues that may arise, providing guidance on how to avoid these issues going forward
- Lead the mitigation strategy for block-list issues at reputable anti-spam vendors in a timely manner in regards to your domain names. (Mailgun would handle IP-related block- listings)
- Ensure that customers and Mailgun by Sinch are in continual compliance with service level agreement (SLAs), terms of service (TOS) and acceptable use policy (AUP)
- Work with the Sales/ CSM team to identify revenue growth opportunities through the utilization of new or unused services and/or contract renewals
- Develop and maintain strong product knowledge of Mailgun and its competitors to properly support the assigned customer base, as well as evangelize new product features as they are released
- Investigate, diagnose and remediate delivery and deliverability issues by working with customers, internal teams, internet service providers (ISPs), and anti-spam vendors to build cases that get to issue resolution
- Participate in email and anti-spam groups to keep informed of industry trends
- Attend and represent at industry events such as M3AAWG.
- 5+ years of experience in an Enterprise Technical Account Management/ Support role or similar client-facing role where you are the primary POC for strategic customers (a customer whose revenue is $1B+/year)
- Strong technical email deliverability background (3+ years) with the ability to effectively communicate issues to a wide variety of customer and internal contacts
- Ability to create and maintain and lead strong relationships with both customers and internal teams
- Experience with email systems, DNS, Telnet, APIs
- Strong project and time-management skills, including prioritization of multiple tasks across customer base
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple deadlines, and excellent conflict resolution skills required.
- Experience with a programming language such as Python or PHP and scripting
- Bachelor’s degree
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Pathwire offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles.
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
(*Colorado Only*) Minimum salary of $92,000+ benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.