GSR (51-200 Employees, 72% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Founded in 2013, GSR is a fast-growing programmatic trading company in the exciting world of cryptocurrencies. We are one of the first established players in a nascent space, and have developed a leading market position.
We specialize in providing liquidity, risk management strategies and structured products to sophisticated global investors in the digital assets industry. Our leadership team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, IBM and Oracle, among others, has created one of the world’s fastest, most robust, and transparent digital asset trading systems.
GSR works with cryptocurrency projects, traders, investors, miners, and more than 30 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. As a founding member of The Association for Digital Asset Markets (ADAM), GSR is also a leader in establishing and maintaining industry standards and protocols to support the healthy development and evolution of the global digital assets industry.
About us:Founded in 2013, GSR is a crypto market maker with more than 300 employees in 5 countries. We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time. Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem. As an Enterprise Technology Engineer (Associate) you’ll be supporting and managing GSR’s end user technology stack. We’re looking for an experienced and naturally curious engineer to help solve complex technology problems in the crypto space. This is a unique opportunity to support a cloud-first organisation across multiple geographies, while also helping the Enterprise Technology team grow globally and deliver new projects. You should be able to demonstrate that you thrive in ambiguous environments. Your contribution will be fundamental to shaping the firm’s IT ecosystem.
- Provide best-in-class end user support in the office, remotely, and via on-call rotations.
- Manage networks, SaaS services, cloud infrastructure, endpoints and more.
- Identify inefficient and manual workflows and improve them through automation.
- Improve GSR’s technology stack by understanding wider business needs, distilling requirements, and then collaborating to define and deliver solutions.
- Maintain and enhance technology standards, knowledge, processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Form robust relationships with all teams and work closely with them. In particular with the Security and Infrastructure teams to apply best practices, identify risks and gaps, and remediate those risks and gaps via policy, procedure, software patches, and more.
- Manage relationships with 3rd party vendors.
- Train and mentor junior colleagues.
- Proven track record of delivering robust solutions for critical IT systems such as Identity as a Service (IDaaS), Email, AWS, Azure or GCP Infrastructure, Virtualisation etc
- Strong knowledge of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, ARP, DNS, SMTP, SPF DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH and IPSEC.
- Confident in at least one scripting language: Python, Bash etc.
- Strong experience implementing and managing SaaS Services such as Slack, 1Password, Google Workspace, Airtable, Confluence and Jira, or equivalent experience in other SaaS services.
- Strong experience with firewalls, switches, access points and other network devices (Cisco preferred).
- Strong experience managing MacOS at scale using MDM tools (Jamf preferred).
- Strong experience managing identity with SAML/SSO, OAuth and Radius (Okta preferred).
- Experience working with APIs, Webhooks and zero code tools like Zapier.
- Experience with security technologies such as Checkpoint, ZScaler, Netskope, Cisco Umbrella or equivalents
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Highly adaptable with a mindset that means you’re not scared to try new ways of working when things don’t go to plan.
- Inherently curious about how things work with the ability to self-educate when necessary.
- Have the energy and patience to work in a dynamic environment and rapidly growing industry.
- Technical and business qualifications such as those from ITIL, Agile, Prince2, AWS, JAMF, Google, Okta, CompTIA, Cisco and VmWare.
- Experience supporting remote teams and working with remote colleagues
- Understanding of or experience with InfoSec frameworks and standards such as NIST, ISO27001 and SOC2
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, Lean
- Strong understanding of cryptocurrency markets or a background in e-Trading / High-Frequency Trading / Derivatives Trading.
What we offer: A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance. Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year. Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office. Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks. A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days. Immigration and relocation support where required.GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role. Learn more about us at www.gsr.io.