Disruptive Games (11-50 Employees, 67% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
Disruptive is looking for an Environment Artist to join our growing team. As an Environment Artist, you’ll help with a variety of tasks involved in the creation of art assets such as modeling, texturing, lighting and optimization.
What You’ll Do
- Create props, architecture, terrain, based on concept art
- Collaborate with the team to design gameplay spaces
- Help layout levels from whitebox through final lighting
- Generate environment textures and materials using UE5’s material editor
- Establish pipelines to help meet art guidelines
- Work with outsource studios to integrate environment art
- Ensure assets are fully optimized for target platforms
- Minimize any impact optimization may have on artistic integrity
What You’ll Bring:
- Portfolio of work demonstrating a strong proficiency as an Environment Artist
- Game development experience
- Shipped at least one PC or Console game
- A keen eye for spatial composition, lighting, and building believable spaces
- Experience creating environments using modular systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience optimizing environment art for a 30+ frame rate
- An avid gamer with a strong interest in pushing the industry forward, both technically and creatively
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience in another game development discipline ie: illustration, level/character art, programming, animation, etc.
- Development experience on Switch, PlayStation 4 and/or Xbox One
*Please include a link to your portfolio in the ‘Cover Letter’ portion of your application.
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.