Disruptive Games (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Disruptive is looking for an Environment Artist to join our team. As an Environment Artist, you’ll be asked to help with a variety of tasks involved in the creation of art assets such as modeling, texturing, lighting and optimization. This is a work-from-home job with a fully remote team.
What You’ll Do:
- Create props, architecture, terrain, based on concept art.
- Collaborate with the team to design gameplay spaces.
- Help layout levels from whitebox through final lighting.
- Generate environment textures and materials using UE5’s material editor.
- Establish pipelines to help meet art guidelines.
- Work with outsource studios to integrate environment art.
- Ensure assets are fully optimized for target platforms.
- Minimize any impact optimization may have on artistic integrity.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating a strong proficiency as an Environment Artist.
- Game development experience.
- Shipped at least one PC or Console game.
- A keen eye for spatial composition, lighting, and building believable spaces.
- Experience creating environments using modular systems .
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience optimizing environment art for a 30+ frame rate.
- An avid gamer with a strong interest in pushing the industry forward, both technically and creatively.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience in another game development discipline ie: illustration, level/character art, programming, animation, etc.
- Development experience on Switch, PlayStation 4 and/or Xbox One.