Cars.com (501+ Employees, 5% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ & Accu-Trade. Learn more here!
The Executive Assistant for our Legal, HR, and Finance teams provides executive and administrative support to our Chief Legal Officer, Chief People Officer, and Chief Financial Officer, as needed. We are seeking a high performing EA who is extremely organized, detail-oriented, flexible, creative, serious, committed, and passionate about his/her work. You need to be a team player with a positive attitude, professional disposition, and superb communication skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities under pressure while maintaining confidentiality and discretion. This role works closely and effectively with the CLO, CHRO, CFO and their direct leadership team, and due to the visibility of the position, it’s imperative that you also work well with all levels of company staff and external partners.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform administrative duties and functions requiring confidentiality, initiative, and sound decision-making.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting internal & external communications, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Executives’ ability to effectively lead.
- Keep Executives well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Facilitate heavy calendar management. Plan, schedule and coordinate meetings (i.e. department, off-site meetings, external group, and/or other events) and all associated logistics, ensuring that the Executive is well prepared for meetings
- Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment & keeping the Executive up to date.
- Develop and design effective documents and presentations for critical audiences. Manage the revision process for all written communications and presentations.
- Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the marketing and strategy organization.
- Manage a variety of special projects, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Executive and process expense reports.
- Prepare agendas, make copies, set up rooms, coordinate with speakers, take and type notes, order/pick up/layout refreshments, etc.
- Support additional requests and tasks as needed.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a C-level, executive support or operations role at the highest corporate level required
- Productivity and software skills including Google Suite, MS Office Suite, Slack & Salesforce. Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability to minimize potential problems. Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals & meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable drafting executive communication. Communicates openly and directly. Adjusts communication to level of audience. Responds professionally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly. Prioritizes tasks and meets deadlines with minimal supervision. Strong problem-solving skills.
- Independently explores and learns about the company, the role and how to get things done in a complex environment.
- Strong team player. Collaborates well with other executive assistants and marketing and strategy leadership. Willing to chip in and help in other areas.
- Experience and skill creating and organizing presentations and reporting for executive audience
- Takes initiative to learn new systems and stays current in area of expertise
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.