Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are looking for an Analyst to support the business with a mandate that focuses on finance processes, systems, and data scale with Block’s growth. You will partner directly with other finance team members on important elements of operational execution such as procurement, team and company headcount management, and management reporting. You will help guide process efficiencies within the finance team. We are open to having this position be full-time remote but you will need to be in the Pacific or Mountain time zones.
- Manage and centralize important operational aspects of the finance team, including areas related to:
- Management reporting: you will perform analysis and provide insight for regular variance to budget reporting and support key budget and investment decisions.
- Headcount management: Block’s largest financial investment is in its people; you will coordinate with business, recruiting and HR partners to manage detailed headcount planning efforts.
- Procurement: you will partner closely with business areas to manage bottoms-up budget builds and tracking to budget.
- Demonstrate a mindset of continuous improvement to improve efficiency within F&S and improve business partnering across Block.
- Collaborate to guide important initiatives such as process improvement and standardization, system enhancements, and data governance.
- Help create finance process documentation, training guides, and resources. You will become an expert for finance process and policy questions and support business partners and new manager training.
- Build trust with finance team members and business leaders at Block
- 2+ years of relevant experience in finance operations, FP&A, audit, accounting, and/or procurement but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, or other relevant field
- Prior experience with financial planning systems and financial planning processes within larger finance organizations; experience in the technology industry is a plus but not required.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.