Freight and logistics are the lifeblood of our economy. Axle is a financial services company that keeps the supply chain moving by providing freight intermediaries a software-based solution that automates operational overhead & time-consuming back-office processes, so they can maintain better control of their cash flow.
We’re processing millions of dollars in payments each week and growing 30% month over month. To sustain this growth, we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team.
We see Axle as a constant work-in-progress, and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. Our core values are tenacity, curiosity, empathy and transparency, which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in the company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well and have a team-first mentality. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help others in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term.
We are intentionally a fully-remote team and have team members across all time zones.
Axle is a consciously diverse workplace – across the organization and within each team. We are committed to equitable hiring, training, and advancement. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
We’re looking for a smart and ambitious Financial Associate / Senior Financial Associate to join our growing team. This position reports directly to the VP of Finance and will work closely with executive management / CEO to continually improve Axle’s business. In this role you will have exposure to all of the key finance functions (FP&A, Capital Markets / Treasury and Accounting) in a rapidly growing start-up and will have significant impact on key strategic business decisions.
As an early member of the team, you will:
- Support the FP&A function including budgeting, forecasting and analyzing financial performance utilizing financial modeling, data analytics, and scenario analysis in order to provide key strategic business insights
- Support the Capital Markets function including investor relations / board materials, reporting, diligence, prospecting, equity / debt deal execution and balance sheet management
- Assist the Accounting function in the month-end financial reporting process and enhancement of accounting policies / procedures
- Manage ad-hoc analysis and special projects related to key business initiatives
- Conduct portfolio monitoring and analysis to provide insights to executive management on go-forward business strategy
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Operations in order to manage and develop financial models and reports to drive revenue and improve cost efficiency
- 2+ years experience in finance related field
- Experience building financial models and performing data analysis
- Experience distilling financial model output / performance into business insights, reporting and presentations
Nice to Have
- Experience working at a fast-growing startup where you have worn multiple hats
- Experience working for a fintech lender or bank / financial institution
- Experience with financial statements and accounting
- Generous Option Grant
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote
- Quarterly Offsites (when it’s safe to travel again)
- Home Office Build-Out Allowance
- Professional Development Allowance
- Healthcare Reimbursement for Premiums and Medical/Dental/Vision Expenses
- Cell Phone Plan Reimbursement
- Home Internet Reimbursement
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- 401K Program
- TechCrunch: Series A Raise
- FreightWaves Industry Article: Startup aims to democratize freight broker financing
- Crunchbase Funding Announcement: Axle Drives Freight Broker Financing Platform Forward With $27.7M
- Why We Invested: Axle
- Customer Reviews: Reviews.io
- Customer Reviews: Trustpilot.com
- Quickbooks Integration Announcement
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.