Prezzee (201-500 Employees, 402% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As the Financial Controller at Prezzee, you will be responsible for the maintenance and financial integrity of the general ledger and support the financial control and accounting function for the US. This role is perfect for an individual who is currently working in a mid-tier or Big 4 accounting firm with a desire to move into a fast growing business and use their background to drive improvements. You have an extraordinary eye for detail, self-motivation to work independently and take ownership, you function well in a high pressure and fast paced environment and have a genuine desire to play a pivotal role in the company’s next stage of growth. There is scope for development in this role and room for your talents to shine as you implement process improvements, take on problems with a creative outlook and assist with special projects.
We have offices in New York and San Francisco and are open for this role being Hybrid or remote.
Hi! We’re Prezzee – Nice to Formally Meet You
Prezzee is a global digital gifting platform that creates human connections through remarkable gifting moments. We create leading digital gift solutions for consumers, businesses and 800+ brand partners across the world. Founded in 2014 to address the age-old problem of losing or forgetting gift cards, and to make them more planet-friendly, Prezzee has evolved from a two person Australian start-up to a global business with a 300+ team and operations in North America, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
Whilst our growth is compelling, we know it’s our people and culture that set us apart, and we’re equally proud of being recognised in Australia & New Zealand and in the UK as a 2022 Great Place to Work®. Our team may be spread out across multiple time zones, but our core values remain the same no matter where you are in the world. As a future employee of Prezzee, you’re signing up to give openness, give greatness, give magic, and most importantly, always give a damn.
Oh, and if you’re wondering about our culture? The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay with Prezzee. We’re a collaborative, tight-knit crew that care deeply about our customers and each other. We are stronger as a result of our inclusive culture that allows equal access to opportunities for our people who feel valued and part of the wider Prezzee family.
At Prezzee, we’ve done things differently from the start. We believe in new ways of working, thinking and creating. Every team member plays an important role in the business, leaving a unique footprint on Prezzee’s journey. If creating human connections, making magic and shaping the future sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
The Role You’ll Play as a Financial Controller
- You will be responsible for the maintenance and financial integrity of the general ledger and support the financial control and accounting function for the US
- Play a key senior finance stakeholder role and engage with the senior leaders throughout the business to understand and respond to issues relating to business performance and ensure a positive outcome
- You will deliver the monthly management reports for the US business including the preparation and presentation of statutory financial reports, and working with our external auditors
- Be our ‘Reporting Guru’ and drive improvements in reporting, controls and adherence to group policies
- Develop, implement and manage secure procedures to maintain confidential information and ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations
- Collaborate with the broader team to transform the company’s strategy into reality, and through your collaborative style and engaging approach, strategically building strong relationships and partnerships
- Have an ability to manage at an operational level addressing the day to day pressures and challenges while keeping the Company Strategic Plan and big picture thinking front of mind
- Actively promote and support a safe, healthy and secure workplace for yourself, your co-workers, team and any other person at the workplace, complying with health and safety practices and procedures.
What will you bring:
- You are a CPA/CA qualified accountant with experience in audit and financial accounting, with ideally experience within the e-commerce/ fintech space.
- Strong technical experience as an accountant in a service focused environment with the ability to take ownership of month-end tasks/year-end close processes and financial statements preparation.
- You will give Prezzee a fresh perspective when it comes to solving problems and you bring a curious and innovative mindset to the task at hand.
- Experience in transforming a business as it scales and grows, ideally having had some experience in a fast growth or fintech company (or both).
- In-depth understanding of IFRS standards and financial accounting procedures.
- Experience and confidence to present in front of key stakeholders. You will be energetic and have enthusiasm for knowledge on processes, systems and software.
- A solid analytical and technical background and high proficiency in accounting software.
More than a Job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision — it’s a life decision. We get it. At Prezzee we are givers, and when you give it comes from the heart. Our values give openness, give greatness, give magic, and most of all, always give a damn, demonstrate how we connect the heart and the head. Our values are the wrapping paper around our ideal shared people experiences. As one team, we shoot for the stars, transforming gifting into a magical experience and delivering happiness one ‘Prezzee’ at a time, every time to achieve our strategic ambitions.
That’s why we want our Prezzee Team to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives.
Some extra goodies:
- You will work alongside an experienced team who will challenge you every day (and expect you to challenge them back).
- We run a bonus program based on both company-wide targets because we are all in the same boat, as well as individual KPIs.
- We provide 401K, medical, vision, dental, STD, LTD, FSA, and commuter benefits.
- There are generous benefits including an employee referral program and staff discounts.
- We have regular virtual and face-to-face events to help us bond and maintain our community vibe.
- Work-life integration and genuine flexibility is our natural norm.
- It’s a proven fact that the happier you are, the better you work and as a result, our customers will be happier! Therefore, we place high value on our team’s mental and physical wellness to ensure you feel valued and at home here at Prezzee.