Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Preparation of all statutory quarterly and annual financial statements under U.S. GAAP and international accounting standards, including drafting and review of disclosures and qualitative performance discussions
- Assist in coordinating the approval of quarterly and annual financial reports with all relevant parties, including the audit committee, external auditors, and internal and external legal counsel
- Coordinate audit support & review filings with external auditors, and senior members of the finance team
- Support Investor Relations with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors
- Prepare financial information for the quarterly Audit Committee and Board meetings
- Assist with the monthly and quarterly consolidated reporting of the Company’s financial statements, statement of equity, and cash flow statements
- Maintain financial reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary reporting deadlines
- Coordinate with accounting policy on new accounting standards issued by the FASB to determine impact to the company and implement new accounting standards, as required; assist with change management, if any
- Performing peer benchmarking and comparability
- Support business development and M&A integration teams during financial due diligence over target companies and subsequent integration of acquired businesses
- Support management in completing special projects as assigned and be a financial reporting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline processes, including the documentation of the standard operating procedures
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Strong accounting background with a solid knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404 and SEC financial reporting standards
- CPA or similar designation required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience with current or recent public company SEC financial reporting experience
- Combination of private and public accounting experience preferred
- Strong understanding of FASB and US GAAP rules and regulations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization, project management and analytical skills
- Meticulous and impeccable keen attention to detail
- High level of enthusiasm and curiosity to grow your career in a multifaceted and growing company
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, coordinate the efforts of others and work well with people at a wide range of levels
- Internal control experience preferable.
- Play a key role in the Company’s SOX Compliance effort
- Work with Accounting and Reporting control owners to maintain Company’s control framework, process narratives, and flowcharts.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.