WeyMedia (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Do you want to champion meaningful, helpful, and accurate personal finance content that impacts other Canadians you meet in your daily life?
Credible, accessible, and trusted content has become harder to sift through in this current landscape of 1-click publish.
That’s where you come in.
Your uncompromising high standards will champion Canadians in every piece of content we publish.
Who do we think we are?
Excellent question. WeyMedia is a proudly Maritime company with a simple mission:
Make money easy and fun for everyone.
To do that, we strive to make both moneyGenius.ca and creditcardGenius.ca the best in our space. Although we’re a young company, these two websites have already become two of the top resources for Canadian consumers.
Our team helps over 250,000 Canadians make the best financial and money-saving decisions by crafting accurate and high-quality personal finance content, technology, comparison tools, and reviews.
We also actively reward our readers through GeniusCash ‒ our very own cash back rewards program on participating credit cards and financial products.
(And if that wasn’t enough, check out our $10K Tesla giveaway at creditcardgenius.ca/offers.)
So if you want to help us make it easy for Canadians to make smart financial decisions, read on…
Who we need
We need detail-oriented Financial Writers to be part of our content team.
- You’ll create clear, accurate, high-quality, factual, and engaging content including news, reviews, comparisons, and analyses surrounding Canadian personal finance issues and products.
- You’ll edit and proofread article submissions from freelance and in-house writers to help make them remarkable.
- You’ll update and expand existing personal finance articles and content to keep information current and increase readership.
- You’ll monitor all sources of Canadian financial news for relevant information and interesting developments and share those with the whole team.
- You’ll stay up-to-date on financial services and industry knowledge.
- You’ll keep social media updated with important and relevant Canadian finance news and developments.
- You’ll assist our customer service team in responding accurately to financial questions received from our readers.
- You’ll wear many different hats in a lean, agile, and fast-paced culture.
- You’ll be involved with new and upcoming projects.
Who you are
You care about your work, you know your stuff, and you go the extra mile.
- You live and are legally eligible to work in Canada.
- You’re passionate about all things personal finance, including but not limited to:
- Credit cards
- You write quickly, type fast, and can produce high-quality content in a short timeframe.
- You’re able to interpret direction and adapt ideas into inventive and creative content.
- You understand writing best practices across many channels and mediums.
- You follow multi-step processes to a T, always remembering to tie up loose ends.
- You know, or are willing to quickly learn, SEO at a deep and intimate level.
- You’re a great researcher who can find anything online fast and effectively.
- You’re comfortable with technology, live in the cloud, and can pick up new tech easily.
- You’re great with numbers, spreadsheets, and math doesn’t scare you.
- You have an amazing work ethic and thrive in a demanding startup environment.
- You’re a clear communicator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re a voracious reader, always hungry to learn.
- You have impeccable attention to detail.
What you’ll get
We take care of our team. Here’s a quick list of benefits you’ll get working with us:
- Challenging and rewarding work that has a real impact on the financial health of Canadians.
- Work from home anywhere in Canada with permanent remote full-time status.
- Opportunities for continuous growth and career advancement.
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience.
- A share in a portion of the company’s profits.
- 100% paid premiums for health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 26 vacation and wellbeing days per year which includes:
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 8 public holidays
- 2 flex days
- Your birthday off
- New Employee Toolkit that contains everything you need to do your job well.
- Includes a company laptop, a second monitor, and a dozen other useful items.
- Regular team-building fun including team games, lunches, happy hours, competitions with prizes, and more.
- Mental health support through inConfidence and the Calm app.
- Mobile phone allowance to help cover part of your monthly bill.
If you think this is you, please apply with your cover letter addressed to Chelsea so we know that you thoughtfully reviewed our job description.