Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As a Firmware Engineering Manager at Reality Labs (RL), you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing platforms for Augmented Reality (AR).Firmware for AR systems spans multiple target classes, requires deep collaboration across engineering disciplines and the full software stack and directly impacts user immersion. You’ll guide architecture and delivery of highly performant and reliable firmware across multiple platforms and product lines. The ideal candidate will have deep embedded system technical knowledge along with a focus on building top teams who deliver great consumer products focused on incredible customer experiences. AR will be the technology that enables broad adoption and this role will put you at the front of delivering this technology.
Firmware Engineering Manager, Reality Labs Responsibilities:
- Build and lead a team to deliver firmware for world-class products.
- Collaborate across electrical, silicon, SW, user experience, and hardware teams to define and build embedded system architectures for AR hardware.
- Integrate, customize, optimize firmware across Reality Labs New Technology verticals.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to team members and project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Build tools and architectures to support technology experimentation across the company.
- Build development processes that allow for rapid development and experimentation while maintaining a high quality product.
- Understand and drive implementation of FW/SW development practices across teams and projects.
- 2+ years of experience in directly managing and leading teams.
- Working experience with using standard software development frameworks (Agile, Kanban, XP).
- MS or BS in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years expertise in developing and shipping embedded solutions for consumer products.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices.
- Hands-on experience with FPGA and vendor specific hardware evaluation boards.
- Experience in protocol implementations such as USB device classes (UVC, UAC, HID).
- Experience with Scaled Agile approaches to code development.
- Experience in real-time processing for computer vision and user interaction tasks, high-compute/throughput systems and using simulation and modeling technique to estimate performance and power.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]