Honor Technology (501+ Employees, 21% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Our mission is simple—we’re changing the way we care for our parents so they can live safely at home as they age. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound exciting? If you’re someone who shares our core values—Care Starts with Connection, Great Solutions Demand Empathy, When You Grow We Grow, Our Differences Propel Us—let’s talk.
Founded in 2014, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? We realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. Honor’s unique approach is driving our leadership as an innovator—and our rapid growth. We have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine. But we’re not a tech company, we’re a human company. The technology we design just helps our people be even better at their jobs.
About the Work:
The legal department is a high-performing, collaborative team that partners closely with the business and operational teams, providing support and thought-leadership in a dynamic and high-growth environment. This is a unique and rewarding opportunity for an attorney who wants to make an impact on transforming the way society cares for older adults. In this position you will focus on supporting the franchises and corporate franchise operations of Home Instead.
- Serve as a reference to the franchise network, answering general questions and drafting template documents for consideration and use by franchise owners and their counsel.
- Manage litigation, transfers, corrective action plans and terminations
- Review Home Instead, Inc.’s franchise disclosure document (FDD) on an annual basis and provide recommended updates on any material changes. Assist with the annual state FDD registration process, as needed.
- Provide risk management guidance.
- Manage mergers and acquisitions for Home Instead, Inc. and its affiliated entities.
- Serve as legal representative on internal project teams and committees, as assigned.
- Provide vicarious liability mitigation guidance to Home Instead, Inc.
- Perform research on areas of critical importance to Home Instead, Inc. and its franchise network, and create educational materials for the franchise network’s general reference purposes, as needed.
- Assist with supervision of all intellectual property matters, addressing infringement by third parties, and protecting Home Instead, Inc.’s intellectual property.
- Help ensure Home Instead, Inc. and its affiliated companies comply with all applicable federal, international, state and local laws and regulations.
- Assist with international master franchise agreements for international franchise partners, as needed.
- Assist in review of all ancillary documents and materials.
- Juris Doctorate degree required
- 3-5 years of private practice or in-house legal experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Franchise experience preferred
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as required
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
Honor is remote friendly! We’re hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. No roles will require permanent relocation, but as conditions allow, we’ll have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you’re looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we’d love to talk to you.
Want to know more about why Honor is a great place to work? Check out our perks!
This role doesn’t sound quite right? Send this application to a friend who may be a fit and check out our other available roles!
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.