SoFi (501+ Employees, 52% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Fraud Investigator, Credit Cards to join our Fraud Operations team. Our candidates main focus will be investigating credit card fraud, specifically application fraud, account activity fraud and fraud claims. An Investigation will include reviewing all SoFi products associated with the case, (Loans, Investment Accounts and Cash Management Accounts). The Investigator will determine if the activity identified requires to file or not to file Suspicious Activity Reports. Ideal candidate will be able to advise and assist Management with creating and implementing strategic decisions; while driving business objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Conducts thorough investigations on identified and suspicious accounts within the specified systems. Ability to create a case file with documentation to support the final decision.
- Monitoring of fraud claims to ensure validity of claim, which may include contacting merchants, financial institutions and/or clarifying customer statements as necessary. Gathering appropriate documentation to support final determination
- Identify fraud trends, make recommendations for new strategies to prevent additional losses, and assume responsibility for special projects as assigned by Management
- Reviews alerts/reports to detect Suspicious Activity, fully understand criteria when a Suspicious Activity Report (SARS) is required along with completing BSA form, writing narrative, gathering supporting documentation and filing the report
- Conduct periodic internal account/customer reviews to identify potentially fraudulent activity
- Ensure compliance with departmental standards and processes to increase production and accommodate work volumes
- Assists with creating and implementing policies and procedures across all teams
- Assist Management with creating short term and long-term plans identifying associated benefits of strategies that are to be developed to reduce fraud exposure
- Builds and maintains thriving relationships between partners and vendors, cultivating a culture of collaboration, transparency, and mutual success
- Fosters a culture of accountability, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence, and a fun work environment while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our fiscal controls
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of relevant fraud investigations experience in the banking or financial services industry
- Strong knowledge of credit card while also having working knowledge of check, ACH, wire, debit card and other payment channels operating rules . Understanding of electronic crimes as they relate to card fraud and theft of credentials
- Experience completing BSA forms, writing SARS narratives, gathering supporting documentation and filing the SARS report
- Thorough understanding of credit card operations, regulations, industry trends & best practices
- Working knowledge of banking operations and applicable regulations
- Must be able to establish peer relationships;communicate and work effectively with all levels within the organization/vendors/external financial institutions
- Excellent project management, organizational, and negotiation skills are required
- Excellent Skills in: time management, decision making, judgement, problem-solving, and prioritization
- The ability to work from reports, create reporting and tracking of work, being detail-oriented and taking a process-oriented approach
- Accepts responsibility, ownership, and accountability for work results and actions
- Proficiency in Google, Word, and PowerPoint
- Finds a high-volume, energetic, and team-focused environment engaging
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program