Edwards Lifesciences (501+ Employees, 19% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Edwards Lifesciences, the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring, is looking for a Front-end Angular Developer to join our dynamic global team. This person will be responsible for maintaining and updating the code base related to Edwards’ proprietary EW1 Hybrid Web application, a mission-critical app used by our field sales teams to further our ability to deliver devices that maximize our patient’s recovery and quality of life. You will be tasked with using Angular best practices to create a streamlined user experience in a complex application, while ensuring quality control standards. The application includes mobile, desktop, data architecture, and Salesforce integrations.
Possible locations – Czech Republic (Prague) or Spain (Valencia) – hybrid/remote.
Please apply in English!
- Using modern UI/UX and Angular best practices, develop software according to requirements
- Adhere to development team standards for code quality and source code control
- Document code and expected application behaviors
- Analyze, diagnose, and fix performance, functional software, and end-user issues
- Perform manual testing in development environment to ensure software efficiency
- Write and maintain automated tests as related to UI/UX functionality
- Perform regression risk assessments related to code changes for requested functionality
- Perform peer code review for other members of the application development team
- Maintain accurate status of tickets and tasks in project management system
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams to understand requirements and defects
- Up to 10 % travel
Experience, Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar
- Fluent English
- 3 years of experience developing Angular 2+ applications
- 4 years of experience developing responsive, cross-browser compatible web applications
- Experience developing with latest Ivy-based versions of Angular (9+)
- Expertise in Angular Reactive Form development with complex dynamic fields and validations
- Expertise in web-based UI/UX best practices for a variety of devices and screen sizes
- Expertise in cross-browser compatibility (Chrome, Safari) for web, desktop, and mobile
- Expertise in responsive and touch friendly UI/UX development
- Expertise with modern Angular UI libraries such as Ionic, Material, Bootstrap
- Experience developing user interfaces to adhere to established style guidelines
- Experience developing and maintaining reusable Angular components using best practices
- Demonstrated experience with Git-based Source Control, and Continuous Integration (CI) practices (e.g. Git Flow)
- Knowledge of SQL queries and API development as needed to support UI/UX development
- Nice to have – project management skills, development of iOS (iPhone/iPad) and Windows Desktop applications, knowledge of automated Unit testing for Angular using Jasmine, Karma and Angular TestBed, knowledge of modern e2e testing for web applications using Cypress, Playwright, knowledge of Salesforce CRM capabilities, including custom objects, REST APIs, workflows, Apex triggers, etc., experience with Jira, Bitbucket, TestRail, and Zaptest SDLC tools
What is it like to work at Edwards Lifesciences in the Czech Republic?
As a global leader in patient-focused medical innovations, we offer rewarding opportunities and exciting challenges in a truly international, dynamic and friendly work environment.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment where all employees can grow, personally and professionally. To achieve this, we offer on-the-job development, training opportunities and the support and guidance provided by dedicated employee groups (the Edwards Network of Women, Edwards Foundation charity team, sustainability activities, and others).
Edwards Lifesciences in the Czech Republic also offers the following benefits:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits package
- Flexible working hours, remote working
- Pension Plan Risk Life Insurance
- Virtual Medical Clinic (online access to healthcare)
- Meal Benefits
- Service Awards
- Enhanced Sick Leave Benefits
- Flexible Benefit Plan (Cafeteria)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Program including onsite gym, Yoga, Pilates or SM System classes, massages, fresh fruit in the office, healthy lifestyle workshops, educational events, charity activities and much more.
Benefits are regulated by an internal policy which contains the full details regarding the entitlement and conditions for the benefits. Benefits policy and components may vary by location.