xdesign (51-200 Employees, 198% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Help us to deliver amazing web apps. Inspire those around you.
We’ve got opportunities for you to work on interesting projects, innovate with the latest technologies and produce solutions that delight our clients. Do you have experience in developing complex SPAs? Do you care about writing clean, maintainable and testable code? If so, we’ve got a great role for you to stretch your wings and see what you’re really capable of.
Who are we
xDesign partners with the UK’s most ambitious brands to accelerate their digital product and engineering delivery, with offices in the centres of Edinburgh and Leeds and employees based all over the UK. We pride ourselves on working closely and collaboratively with our clients to craft intuitive user experiences and valuable products across a wide range of industries, technologies, and clients.
Our reputation as a partner determined to deliver high-quality, robust and thoughtful products has enabled us to scale to over 250 people in the last couple of years. We have doubled the business over the last six months and we are preparing for further accelerated growth in 2022 by delivering high quality software products for some of the UK’s most established brands.
One of the things that makes xDesign unique is our amazing people and the great culture that we have built. That winning combination earned xDesign a place on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ 2022 by Great Place to Work UK. Alongside this we earned a place on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ for Wellbeing 2022 and the UK’s Best Workplaces™ in Tech 2021.
We care about hiring great people so you’ll be working with a team that cares. We support each other with problems, push each other to get better and celebrate success together.
Developers, testers, product owners and designers all collaborate as equals on projects to make the best product possible. Every day’s progress is a communal effort and you’ll be a valued member of the team.
We have a structured progression framework to support development plans and career growth for each person within engineering. You’ll get close support from your line manager with your day to day work as well as looking at the bigger picture of your career growth and knowledge development.
Our tech-stack is mainly, but not limited to TypeScript-based React. We conduct unit testing and code reviews across the board and have an internal react boilerplate to help us set up greenfield projects utilising the latest technologies and standards as well as approaches that we regularly discuss and review as a team. When working with clients with existing codebases we aim to consult and help them find the best solution, drive their technology standards and understanding forward. We also have a range of internal project and personal development time that we utilise to explore and drive forward latest frontend technologies, like Next.js or Gatsby. We promote ownership from inception through to production with our developers writing unit, feature, integration and e2e using tools such as React Testing Library, Cypress, Enzyme and Webdriver.
- Developing single-page web apps with a focus on readable, maintainable and tested code primarily using React.
- Take part in front-end technical discussions on a project considering the overall functional and non-functional requirements
- Collaborating with designers, product owners, testers and clients to deliver great products as an agile team
- Implementing engineering best practices across web and mobile platforms
- Proactively engage in technical conversations with the client
- Enthusiastic and experienced in using engineering best practices and writing clean and accessible code.
- Experience working as part of an agile development team
- Ability to explain complex technical ideas in a clear manner to peers who have no previous knowledge
- Passion and enthusiasm for delivering great products
Nice to haves
- Experience in TDD, writing testable code and unit/integrations tests
- Experience of optimisation for performance, accessibility and security
- Experience working as part of an agile development team
- Experience working with cloud services & CI/CD (e.g. AWS, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Variety – the chance to work with a wide range of clients from start-ups to big name brands
- Personal development and progression plans including 6 learning and development days
- 32 days holiday a year (inc Bank Holidays, which you’re free to take whenever you want)
- Private medical Insurance (and wellbeing incentives, deals and discounts) with Vitality
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave policies
- Access to a financial wellbeing platform (via Bippit)
- A Macbook Pro and other top tech to help you
- Regular social events (in person and remotely)
- Cycle to work scheme
- A competitive salary which we’ll discuss with you at the start of the hiring process
- YuLife employee benefits and lots more!
This position is available for UK based remote working as well as office or hybrid working for those based around Edinburgh or Leeds.
Think this is for you? Get in touch for a confidential chat about how you can become part of the team.
We believe that representative teams made up of people with different backgrounds, skills and points of view help us build the best workplace possible and enable us to create genuinely innovative, broadly useful products.
We are committed to our goal of creating the most inclusive workplace possible. As we strive to build an environment where everyone can thrive and be themselves we will continue to investigate and challenge biases, while working to identify and remove obstacles to inclusion. If you need additional support or accommodation during the application process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.