Olark (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
A little about us:
You haven’t run into a company like Olark before.
Founded in 2009, Olark was the first to make chat accessible to small businesses who didn’t have big budgets or engineering teams. Since then, we have been fully remote and self-funded, working to help our 8,000+ customers address their customers’ needs through our innovative web communication platform. We lead with our values, care deeply about our people, and are committed to making business more human. Last year we became a Public Benefit Corporation with an emphasis on web accessibility as our social impact focus.
We didn’t stop there! We recently launched Olark Pro with CoPilot; a powerful automation platform, to complement our self-service offering.
Based on our initial success, and anticipated demand, we are hiring our first Full-Cycle Account Executive to help us bring more awareness to our Pro product line.
What to expect:
You’ll be spending about 80% of your time communicating with customers and 20% of your time improving our sales process.
This is a full time role with a compensation structure of 50% base pay and 50% commission. We are on track to double our revenue from our Pro Product line this year and are seeing traction in Higher Education, eCommerce, B2B, and Government.
As the primary salesperson on our Customer Experience (CX) Team, there will be room for someone thriving in this role to grow at Olark, increase their impact, and build their sales career.
This position can be based anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Challenges you’ll help us solve starting on day one:
- Manage your pipeline. We will lean on your sales experience to create opportunities to expand our Pro customer base. You’ll prospect outbound and inbound leads — and drive prospects to closed sales. You’ll be in charge of the full sales cycle and responsible for finding new channels to grow your pipeline to hit targets.
- Accelerate revenue growth for Olark Pro. You will use your expertise to level up our playbooks and go-to-market for Pro. This will involve collaboration across Olark to share structured insights to continuously improve our performance. You will be focused on finding opportunities and turning them into new sales, and as the sole Account Executive you will receive commission on every new Pro deal we close.
- Communicate Olark’s value proposition to our growing market. You’ll discover customer needs and work with Sales Engineering, CX, and Marketing to improve how we convey value and create urgency for prospective customers. You will understand and be able to share what makes Olark special. Your day-to-day will vary, but will often involve discovery with cold and warm prospective customers, demos, post-call follow ups, and driving conversations to close.
- Help us build and scale our Sales processes. You’ll create repeatable high value conversations that close sales, and provide feedback on our existing sales processes. You’ll act as a customer anthropologist – sharing insights with our CX, Product, and Marketing teams to help us continuously improve both our product, and process for helping our customer succeed.
What we’d like to see in your background & skills we think are necessary:
- Accessibility is important to you. You want to expand access to accessible communication software.
- Previous experience in Sales at a small company: You’ve worked in a full cycle revenue driving role at a small company (<25 people) and know what it’s like to wear multiple hats and be relentlessly resourceful.
- You’re a Go-Getter: You are driven, resourceful, and autonomous. You are comfortable with ambiguity and building processes from scratch, and know how to maximize the resources available to you.
- You are outcome oriented: You excel in situations where compensation is tied to performance, and are comfortable negotiating quota and targets.
- Experience selling into SMB, Mid Market, or Higher Education at our ACVs: You have sold products in both the 3.5K ACV and 20K ACV range and understand how to sell at both price points efficiently.
- Great Communicator: You’re an excellent and strategic communicator, on the phone, over Zoom, and in writing. You’re excited about spending 80% of your time either on sales calls or following up with customers by email, and 20% of your time improving our process.
- Team Player: You’re excited about working with a lean Sales team and collaborating across Olark’s small team to help drive organizational goals.
- Hubspot Sales power user: You love Hubspot and know how to manage your pipeline and tasks efficiently – and are always on the lookout for new tools to improve your process. You have strong opinions about sales methodologies that you’re excited to share.
- Curious: You’re inquisitive and always looking to learn and discover what your customer needs and wants. You’re curious about Olark, live chat software, and will constantly look for ways to enhance your knowledge of our industry, market, and competitors to provide that sales edge needed to close business and generate revenue.
- You communicate with empathy: You realize listening is just as important as speaking your mind. You assume good faith in your teammates when there is conflict and are curious about understanding their perspectives.
- You thrive working remotely: You have some experience working remotely and prefer it to a traditional office environment. You enjoy contributing to remote culture.
You Can Expect A Lot From Us:
- A great remote culture and team: Even though we’re geographically dispersed, our team makes the effort to connect to one another and we provide in person opportunities to further enhance that bond. We genuinely like each other.
- A life outside of work: Olarkers generally work 40 hour weeks. Work is a marathon, not a sprint. We are building a company for the long haul.
- We provide a full benefits package, including medical/dental/vision benefits, 3-month paid parental leave, uncapped vacation, professional development budget, a coworking space stipend, and lots of other perks.
Olark is committed to diversity in its workforce. Olark is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.
Olark is committed to accessibility in all aspects of our hiring process. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application, interview, or any other portion of our selection process, please email [email protected]