At Sideways 6 we live by six core values that drive us to do our best work. Own It, Make the Boat Go Faster, Always be Learning, Start with Why, Embrace Transparency and Celebrate Success.
We have an office based in London and one in Minsk, where our customer support and engineering team are based.
Our internal culture committee is very active and we organise lots of socials and team activities, so you will get to know us all in no time! Friday beers and cheers is a great way to wind down after a week at work and celebrate the small (and big!) wins and things that made us smile that week. We also love a bit of company swag, so if you love wearing hoodies to work, you will fit right in J
About you and the role
We are looking for a self-motivated, product-minded developer with good communication skills for an exciting role building our new flagship product – a Sideways 6 native Teams application.
You will be working in a small but perfectly formed squad, collaborating with a UX designer, QA and Product Manager to design, build and launch our next generation Teams integration to the market.
You’ll be responsible for key architecture decisions and rapid solution development to get our MVP live. Once released we will continue to improve and grow this product based on usage and user feedback.
You will be a hands-on full-stack developer, including strong Front-End development capability, will be familiar with Microsoft application technologies and have an appreciation for good user experience.
You will be an experienced developer with a proven track record of successfully building and delivering digital products to market using agile methodologies.
You will demonstrate a passion and good understanding of key new and emerging technologies, especially those from Microsoft and will be able to show the ability to quickly learn new technologies like Teams, SharePoint Online and Power Platforms.
Key development skillsets
– C# / .Net (4.5+ and .Net Core 2.1+) – advanced
– ASP.NET MVC
– Entity Framework, Relational and NoSQL Databases
– Microsoft Azure ecosystem (app services, cloud services, database pool, Azure service fabric)
– Micro-services architecture, SOLID, Database and memory usage optimisation, design patterns
– ReactJS – advanced
– Minimum of 4+ years of applicable industry experience
– You will have experience of application integration such as application interface or data layers
– Experience in modern DevOps methodologies and test-driven development
– MS Teams application development experience strongly preferred. Similar Integration-first development experience considered
– Azure SSO with Azure AD and Sharepoint framework experience a bonus
– A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
– English B2+ is a must (spoken Russian would be a bonus)
Salary range is around £42k gross.