CrowdStrike (501+ Employees, 104% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
About the Role:
The software engineer will work on a team dedicated to supporting MRC’s activities, by building the tools and scalable systems required for Falcon, threat researchers and other teams within the Research & Development and Data Science organizations. The software engineer is expected to be able to coordinate with leadership, plan, and oversee execution of projects to help improve the product. This person should be capable of independent execution, problem solving and demonstrate passion towards engineering excellence.
- 5+ years software development experience in a full stack cloud developer role, or similar.
- Experience in one or more high level programming languages (Python, Go, Rust, etc.) is preferred
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming
- A good working knowledge of Linux and cloud components such as Amazon services.
- Experience with automating workflows through JSON API use and design.
- Experience in working with relational and non-relational/NoSQL databases technologies like MySQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
What You’ll Need:
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
- A solid background in software engineering. This includes good coding standards, source control, documentation of design, issue tracking, and producing results which are supportable.
- The ability to work across the organization to understand requirements and implement them per the overall business goals.
- Some experience with building scalable solutions based on cloud technology. Much of the systems is built by adding new microservices to provide additional functionality and scale.
- Attention to detail and a passion for problem solving
- Willingness to learn. Technologies move quickly. The ideal technical solution may need some research and learning of new components. Openness to learning new languages and technology is key to success.
Nice to have skills:
- Windows and Mac are also supported platforms as client systems, so a familiarity with these operating systems is ideal.
- Experience in user interface design and UI technologies (AngularJS, ReactJS) will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with Agile development concepts. This role requires frequent iterations on features and quick turnaround. Designing for agile style iteration will improve likelihood of success for meeting business timelines.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.