CrowdStrike (501+ Employees, 104% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
Malware Research Center:
The CrowdStrike Malware Research Center is at the core of Falcon’s malware detection and response capabilities. The team has a focus on understanding the threat landscape and sets the target for what Falcon should be identifying and preventing. Additionally, the MRC is responsible for understanding our capabilities, and mapping how well our machine learning and behavioral protection capabilities are doing against those threats. Where there is a gap, the MRC takes action to improve our detection stance, and improve our overall protection story. There are many parts of CrowdStrike working towards protecting customer environments, and the MRC works across all of them to ensure we are on target and providing the best protection for our current threat landscape.
You can learn more about CrowdStrike here
CrowdStrike India People and Culture
About the Role:
This is a Software Engineer -3 position on the Crowdstrike Malware Research team. On the Malware Research team Software Engineers build scalable systems, background services & API based micro-services enabling better threat analysis, identification & detections in Falcon. These systems also support other teams & systems within the Research & Development and Data Science organizations. The senior software engineer is expected to be able to coordinate with leadership, plan, and oversee execution of projects to help improve the product. This includes owning features from ideation to design and delivery, with maintenance of the entire MRC ecosystem. This role focuses on independent execution, problem solving, effective trouble-shooting and demonstration of passion towards engineering excellence.
What You’ll Need:
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
- 8+ years software development experience, some of it in a full stack cloud developer role, or similar.
- Experience in one or more high level programming languages (Java, Python, Go, Rust, etc.)
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience with automating workflows & building pipelines with micro-services & APIs.
- Experience in working with relational and non-relational/NoSQL databases technologies like MySQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch etc.
- A solid background in software engineering. This includes good coding standards, source control, documentation of design, issue tracking, and producing results which are supportable.
- The ability to work across the organization to understand requirements and prioritize them per the overall business goals, communicating those priorities back to the stakeholders
- The ability to scale backend systems – sharding, partitioning, scaling horizontally are second nature to you.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges, multi-threading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies.
- Attention to detail, willingness to learn. Cloud technology is moving quickly. The ideal technical solution may need some research and learning of new components. Openness to learning new languages and technology is key to success.
- Excellent problem solving abilities in a distributed computing environment.
- A good working knowledge of Linux and cloud components such as Amazon services.
Nice to have skills (Good to have):
- Windows and Mac are also supported platforms as client systems, so a familiarity with these operating systems is ideal.
- Experience in user interface design and UI technologies (AngularJS, ReactJS) will be an advantage.
- Experience in endpoint security, secure coding & architecture is an added advantage
- Familiarity with Agile development concepts. This role requires frequent iterations on features and quick turnaround. Designing for agile style iteration will improve likelihood of success for meeting business timelines.
- Experience in DevOps and related tools and technologies (Chef, Terraform, Kubernetes etc.)
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.