SmarterDx (1-10 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are a Seed stage health tech company that is using A.I. to improve hospital revenue cycle (thus making healthcare costs lower). The team is small but extremely high functioning and scaled the company to 1M+ in contracted revenue without raising capital. We have since been backed by top investors including Floodgate & Flare Capital and there is enough market demand for us to 10X in the next 18 months (plus enough runway for 2 years).
We are looking to hire a Full Stack Engineer to join our small but growing team. As an early employee, you’ll have an opportunity to work with awesome people (like an ex Apache board member!) and your work will influence all aspects of the product and business. You will also help shape our core engineering culture and grow the team.
As such, you'll have to be willing to get your hands dirty with (and learn) everything across the stack: healthcare data, APIs, frontend, backend, data engineering, algorithms, analytics, bug reporting, etc. (but the codebase is still small and we will do our best to give you time to dive deeply into specific areas).
We hire for the slope, not the y-intercept, but you will need to have some experience:
- Ownership mindset. Build and own features from start to finish.
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Previous experience as an early joiner in a technology startup or evidence that you are scrappy. Deal well with ambiguity and understand that there is sometimes a need to hack a feature together.
- Have done hard things.
- 3+ years' experience as a full-stack engineer.
- Experience with design, implementation, and testing of complex, secure, and scalable web applications.
- Healthcare (EMR integrations, healthcare data, HL7 / FHIR etc.) knowledge is a significant plus but we can teach you this.
- React & GraphQL
- NextJS & Python