Tyk Technologies (51-200 Employees, 65% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Audi, Dominos, Starbucks, to the Financial Times, RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
We are looking for a talented Go Developer with full stack experience to help us scope, build, and maintain our Developer Portal. We’d love you to have experience with CMS frameworks, have a working understanding and practical experience with TDD, and be a very competent Golang developer. If you understand or have worked with QoR frameworks, then this is a bonus!
We might ask you to manage and mentor a junior engineer. We’d also want you to be comfortable with obsessing over our code and process quality. You will also be an advocate of high levels of automation in our engineering process, pushing us to continuously improve our software delivery lifecycle every day.
You will be working on a cutting edge piece of our product strategy which will have high levels of exposure and kudos as it develops. Working with a talented team of Product Managers, Technical Leads, engineers, UX Designers, and QA experts, you will be a leader for this product team in shaping and delivering high quality product.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Understanding the requirements and implementing them on both Frontend and Backend. (Defining database structure, build proper models, build needed UI)
- Delivering high quality, low technical debt, reusable code to delight our customers
- Reviewing the software engineering process to ensure we continuously optimise our process, reduce tech debt, and increase our automation, and advocating for improvement initiatives in our sprints
- Creating architectural designs and translating that to quality build of our all new developer portal
- Influencing product strategy in terms of bringing exciting new functional concepts to the product manager, and also providing robust assessments of doability
- Training and mentoring of junior engineers
- Actively input into SCRUM, decomposing stories into tasks, estimating, writing test and acceptance criteria, and ensuring we hit definition of done
- Uplift our automated test coverage with obsession with writing and passing automated tests for every PR
- Collaborate across the company to define, design, build, and improve our product
- Being a team player both within the squad and across the squad model, unlocking dependencies
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of modular CSS techniques (i.e. BEM)
- Strong knowledge of Golang with a good understanding of Go templates
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar experience
- Fluent at spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Web components development experience
- Enhanced CMS functionality, and built websites from scratch
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and technologies such as CI/CD, configuration management, virtual machines or containers, and cloud hosting services such as AWS, etc.
- Solid understanding of agile development methods
- Knowledge of QOR framework
- Familiarity with Kubernetes or other orchestration tools
- Experience managing Linux systems
- Experience working on CMS development, like extending base CMS Admin functionalities as well as the public part (the website)
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision – we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? – to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk – here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones – so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA – starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free – sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you – make it count!
Trust is a two-way street – instill it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back – we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things, better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them – change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io