Nelson (501+ Employees, 6% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Nelson Education has an exciting opportunity within its Technology team for a talented Full-Stack Web Developer to work on Edwin, the future of digital classroom learning for K-12 schools across the globe. We are a team of passionate educators, futurists, and dreamers that strive to make a difference for future generations on their learning journey.
Our team is expanding to support the success and growth of our platform and we’re looking for a Full-Stack Web Developer to hit the ground running on an Agile dev team.
Reporting to Vice President, Edwin product, the Full-Stack Developer is responsible for the full software development life cycle, designing and developing layouts, writing code to power the underlying functionality, and developing tests for the codes. The successful incumbent in this role will support the success and growth of Edwin platform and produce scalable software solutions, adopt Agile methodology for both front-end and back-end development processes.
Working with a small, highly collaborative and engaged team, the selected candidate will run two-week sprints, hold daily stand-ups and use Slack, Jira & GitHub for workflow. If you have a passion for education, love cutting edge web technology, and want to work closely with a team of dedicated engineers, this is the job for you.
We love working with the latest technology and are proud of the work we do on a daily basis that directly affects student’s outcomes in the classroom. If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
- Develop innovative and highly reliable software solutions with scalability and fault-tolerance in mind
- Collaborate with product team to build new web applications and features from concept to finished product
- Maintain, debug and extend front and back end web applications
- Stay current with new and evolving web technologies and techniques
- Actively participate in the SCRUM process
5 years of work experience with:
- React with Styled Components
- Redux, Redux-Saga
- HTML, CSS, CSS3
- JS using functional practices and modern ES6 features
- Webpack, Babel
- GraphQL, Apollo
- Node.js, Express
- RDBMS and NoSQL
- Git, npm, yar
- Results driven and can work independently with minimal supervision
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong capacity to handle details; follow through and manage multiple priorities
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
Experience & Education
- Minimum 3-5 years work experience as a full-stack developer or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
Summer Hours (June through September)
Holiday Closure (Christmas — New Year’s)
Paid Volunteer Day
Flexible Health & Dental Plans
Pension Plan with Company Matching
Registered Retirement Pension Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Fitness Reimbursement Program
Nelson’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement
Nelson teaches the world by learning from everyone in it. At Nelson, we are committed to fostering an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace environment. This is an integral part of our company’s culture and mission that aligns with our four key pillars of Employee Diversity, Developing Authentic and Accurate Content, Amplifying External Voices, and Supporting the Local Community and Beyond. Nelson is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.