Disruptive Games (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
As a Game Designer at Disruptive Games, you’ll champion a specific set of game systems and mechanics. You will pitch designs to the team, implement your ideas in-game, collaborate with other departments to realize your feature, tune them, and get them ready to ship.
What You’ll Do
- Design, script, prototype, iterate, validate, and improve game features while keeping them aligned with the overall vision for the game
- Present your designs and implement feedback provided by your lead
- Use Unreal Blueprint and other available tools to implement, tune, and debug your designs
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, reworking your design when and as often as needed
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate your features and ensure all needed resources are accounted for in the production schedule
- Regularly play the game, providing constructive feedback to other members of the team
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of professional video game industry experience
- Completed at least one full product cycle on a recognizable game title
- At least one shipped title using Unreal Blueprints or similar scripting tools
- Strong knowledge of game design, design theory, and existing game mechanics
- Strong problem solving, as well as problem identification skills
- Self-motivated and eager to contribute in many different areas of development
- Ability to learn new tools and workflows
- Ability to work autonomously and push features to completion while meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills, especially in a remote work environment
- Avid Gamer, with a wealth of knowledge across a wide range of games and a passion for multiplayer games
- Computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related degree
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.